High Tide Aquatics

a powerhead that can stand being switched on/off every few min?

Likely. On the vortech, it never turns off. Off, (for alternating pumps in a wave mode) is really just on but really low. I believe the koralia controller does the same thing..pump is never off.

Maxi pumps are the only ones that I have herd that go well with any wave timer.... A guy at a LFS up in Spokane, WA told me that there were wave timers that wont blow out the Koralias in 6 months but I havent found one yet. (he's also told my friend that she could have an anemone with CF lighting..so I wouldnt take his advice)

[quote author=All4Cody link=topic=4588.msg55927#msg55927 date=1221685392]
Maxi pumps are the only ones that I have herd that go well with any wave timer.... A guy at a LFS up in Spokane, WA told me that there were wave timers that wont blow out the Koralias in 6 months but I havent found one yet. (he's also told my friend that she could have an anemone with CF lighting..so I wouldnt take his advice)[/quote]

:) there are wave makers that do soft stop/starts like the Red Sea.... Wavemaster I think and a couple others. The Red Sea one seems nice but it's $150 new. Not totally sure if that's good enough though.

Back