got ethical husbandry?

A San Francisco transplants FIRST TANK

Hi fellow Bay Area reefers!

I started my tank about 10 months ago using a Fluval 13.5G. So far so good with the expected amount of failure and rookie mistakes. I’ve combat Dino’s, other algae, random fish disappearing, etc. Regardless, it’s been a fun journey and a great hobby to keep me busy.

I’m new to tanks and still fairly new to this city. I’d love to find some other women in the hobby that I can connect with. Of course male friends are welcome too but I’m just noticing it seems way more men are in this hobby in general. If you live in San Francisco and want to connect/nerd out on reefing I’m so down!

I attached a picture of my tank taken last night. I’m new to this hobby so it’s not the perfect set up… I’m working on it!!

Suggestions are welcome!

Attachments

• F32A6CE3-1271-426A-BAB4-72F2F4133E6E.jpeg
    F32A6CE3-1271-426A-BAB4-72F2F4133E6E.jpeg
    211.9 KB · Views: 151
Ooo! Meetings and swaps! I want to go to these. Where can I find this info? And yes, lots of pain
We have a fragging workshop coming up next month and hightide aquatics is hosting a talk also. Hopefully we will have a frag swap in March.

I should be posting a list of upcoming events for the year shortly.

Most of these events are for supporting members only. If you ask me it's the best ($30) investment you can make in this hobby.

We have a fragging workshop coming up next month and hightide aquatics is hosting a talk also. Hopefully we will have a frag swap in March.

I should be posting a list of upcoming events for the year shortly.

Most of these events are for supporting members only. If you ask me it's the best ($30) investment you can make in this hobby.
Awesome! Thanks for the info!

Here's another 13.5 to check out. This is @thesassyindian tank.

Hi fellow Bay Area reefers!

I started my tank about 10 months ago using a Fluval 13.5G. So far so good with the expected amount of failure and rookie mistakes. I’ve combat Dino’s, other algae, random fish disappearing, etc. Regardless, it’s been a fun journey and a great hobby to keep me busy.

I’m new to tanks and still fairly new to this city. I’d love to find some other women in the hobby that I can connect with. Of course male friends are welcome too but I’m just noticing it seems way more men are in this hobby in general. If you live in San Francisco and want to connect/nerd out on reefing I’m so down!

I attached a picture of my tank taken last night. I’m new to this hobby so it’s not the perfect set up… I’m working on it!!

Suggestions are welcome!
Welcome to the forum @Gabtron92 ! We're all glad to meet more guys, gals, and non-binary pals that are into reefing. BAR is a great resource for information, help, and things that can go into your tank. Consider joining the club as a supporting member to gain access to all the cool events, DBTC, equipment, and buy/sell areas. It's the cost of a frag and you gain so much more.

Looking forward to seeing how your tank journal shapes up too!

Welcome another sf reefer here. There are a few female members, but I havent seen them on lately. Maybe open a post with that in the title? Looking for female club members?

Welcome another sf reefer here. There are a few female members, but I havent seen them on lately. Maybe open a post with that in the title? Looking for female club members?
Hi there! Where do you get your livestock? We don’t seem to have many good options in SF

Hi there! Where do you get your livestock? We don’t seem to have many good options in SF
Seriously ... official BAR club frag swaps and also the club's DBTC (Don't Break The Chain) swapping. Basically the idea is that someone offers up a frag of a coral for free to other people in exchange for that person promising to frag that coral when it grows large enough and passing on the frag to other people. The original person can specify if you must pass on more than one frag. It's a pay-it-forward deal.
But you should only accept a frag if your tank can keep it alive and help it thrive.
Or just ask if anyone has some frags to share!

Vince

Back