Neptune Aquatics

Acan White Stuff

I saw some white stuff on my acan lord earlier today. Can't seem to I.D. what it is. I have a suspision of what it is but I would like to hear everyone's suggestions/solution first.

Note, most of it seems to be on the top head but there is one escapee!

Attachments

• IMG_0140.JPG
    IMG_0140.JPG
    85.7 KB · Views: 496
oh man, i'd be more worried about the algae problem! The white stuff almost looks like it's spittin it's insides out.

I figured it was mesenterial filaments. I guess it was getting annoyed at the algae and tried to attacked it.

@Coral reefer, I have never been too keen on keeping algae down. I guess it came from the freshwater Walstad method. I'll probably need to get rid of it soon though since the wife wants it to become a display tank.

Guts? Skeleton? Do you have fish that might perch on the acan? I had a green clown goby that always perched on my acan to the point where it started receding.

It's mesenterial filaments so it's pretty much guts. They puke it out to attack other coral closely. The acan ate it back up later that day which is interesting @___@.

Here's an interesting video:
(I have no idea what's going on with this one but lots of things dying, seems like the acan-ish thing won):

I think the acan won because I can't make out the polyps of the right one anymore near the end of the video. It looks like a melted mess. Also acan always win!

Back