Cali Kid Corals

Adding a drinking water fixture to RO/DI

Hey all.

After years of my landlord saying he didn't want me to install an ro/di system, I finally talked him into it last year. I ended up with a Triton 100gpd. It's working well.

Recently my gf purchased an under sink ro from costco and it's pretty nice. Installing it also got me thinking that I might be able to run a line off my ro/di and get ro without any under sink house modifications.

My ro/di is downstairs one story from the kitchen sink. I think I've traced a route to snake a line from it to the kitchen sink. If I add a pressure tank and a faucet under the sink so it's easily removable without damage to the house, will this work?

Are there any problems with this? Will the head pressure after the filter be a problem? Will it interfere with how it's currently set up with a float switch to top off my ato? Is there a better way to do it?

Any tips appreciated. Thanks.

You might need the taste/odor after RO to make water drinkable. Also permeate pump might help with pressure.

I'm thinking about doing the same thing and run RO to the fridge which is about 30ft of pipe away from the garage where RODI will be.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I have a couple extra housings I salvaged off a sunken boat so I could add them. I can't permanently mount anything under the sink per landlord instructions but I'm hoping I can leave the filters remote and just have the pressure tank under the sink.

Do you have a taste/odor filter you'd recommend?

Id just t off before the membrane and after the sediment/carbon filters and run that to a tap. No need for a pressure tank etc etc... Water ain't bad to start and those prefilters make it pretty darn good IMO.

+1 to what Mike said, go after the filters, it'll be better filtered than a Britta. Plus you're not wasting water with your RO unit just for drinking water.

Yeah, drinking RO water seems a bit overkill, but depends on water supply.

You need to consider Chloramines and water flow if you do not run it through the RO.
Drinking Water done directly will be much higher flow.
That means very little dwell/contact time in the carbon pre-filter, which can be a problem with Chloramines.

Back