Cali Kid Corals

Alex’s 26G Max Nano Peninsula (QT for Corals and Inverts)

if the readings are the same, I would be suspicious of the test kit and or your technique
Your tank on the other hand, says looking good in here!
I would never say I have been doing these tests perfect, but I tried to optimize (lab pipette, stirrer, etc) this over the past 12 months. I am also testing my IM 150 and both ICP tests I did recently were withing 0.01 of my phosphate test results. Yes, they could be wrong too, but it did give me some comfort that the attention to detail I pay when conducting my water tests might be worth it. The only other reason I could think of that the nano shows 'wrong' phosphates is that the silicates in the tank might deteriorate the Hanna checker results. I have ordered the Salifert phosphate test kit now, since I am dosing silicates in my IM 150, and will check the nano as well.

Not sure how to frag zoas, but will give you these frags when I know how to do that.
Put a piece of rubble next to the growing colony
And eventually they will grow onto it
Or use bone cutters to cut the current rock or frag plug
It’s an easy thing
No worries, no rush
If you make the journey here, I can demonstrate
Then when you walk back down to your car, we can hand a frag to @Bruce Spiegelman
He hates steps!!
Thank you in advance

Put a piece of rubble next to the growing colony
And eventually they will grow onto it
Or use bone cutters to cut the current rock or frag plug
It’s an easy thing
No worries, no rush
If you make the journey here, I can demonstrate
Then when you walk back down to your car, we can hand a frag to @Bruce Spiegelman
He hates steps!!
Thank you in advance
Would love to learn from you how to do this properly. I am a very impatient person unfortunately, and fragging corals is something I very much dread, but I would love to get better in this.

Back