Neptune Aquatics

Alkalinity Auto Doser + Container

thesassyindian

Supporting Member
I'm having to travel next weekend for a few days and need to get an Alkalinity doser set up soon so I can calibrate it before I leave.
I use ESV B-Ionic.

What is the best space saving doser out there, and any dosing containers y'all can recommend?

I'm looking at the Kamoer X1 or X1 PRO. No clue about which container to use.

I'll plug my Bubble Magnus single head pumps. I really like them and they are super simple. Set mL/day and it spreads the dose out for you. I have an extra new in box one that I keep as a backup if you get stuck, but I also am a bit of a drive to Sunnyvale.

I'll plug my Bubble Magnus single head pumps. I really like them and they are super simple. Set mL/day and it spreads the dose out for you. I have an extra new in box one that I keep as a backup if you get stuck, but I also am a bit of a drive to Sunnyvale.
Thanks @H2OPlayar That looks good! I'll let you know If I'm not able to get one in time. If not, I'll buy it off of you if you are OK with it.

The Kamoer X2Pro is a bit cheaper at $89. Not sure if Neptune stocks them. If they do, I'll make the drive down, since I need to pick up some TDO from them as well - @robert4025 ?

So excited!!!

Do y'all have any tips for calibrating the doses (not the actual pump).

1621965073671.png

So excited!!!

Do y'all have any tips for calibrating the doses (not the actual pump).

View attachment 27700
Get a book and write down what you do and the date. That way you can watch trends and see what different dosing amounts spread over different times do. I would get a ballpark and see what X (say 20) mL or some set amount does and what the resulting change in alk 30 minutes after you add a dose. Then you kind of know your tanks consumption and what you need to dose to keep up with it. In general, if you do a calculation and it says add 30 mL of solution, I like to add 10mL and see if I moved 1/3 of the way there.

Edit: I just remembered/saw you have a 13.5 gallon tank. You will likely be dosing ~5-10 mL/day, so 30mL would be a huge swing. Like I mentioned before, do a calculation with a reputable reef calculator and spread the doses out so you can measure what a small change looks like. Since it is a small water volume, it will mix quickly and you can likely dose, then measure 5 minutes after and get a reasonable measurement.

I know with ATI essential pro two part they have a pretty neat calculator that gives you a starting dose then an adjustment calculator. Took me just under a week to fine tune the dosage

Looks like it is the same fitting I have, I use a silicone tube from amazon. Something like this. Comes in different colors.

Then to keep it straight in my dosing container, I have a acrylic tube that it sits in
Does it fit the usual 1/4" R/O push connect fitting?

Does it fit the usual 1/4" R/O push connect fitting?
No, the RO lines are a rigid plastic, where the silicone stretches over the barb that your dosing pump has.

This guy connects rigid line to silicone tube, with the addition of a dual sided mur-lok fitting like this

Just like playing legos!

Back