Kessil

Anthias Aggression?

Two of my psycho anthias have started grabbing each other by the bottom lip and spinning in circles and shaking until one lets go. It appears to be more ritualistic vs. violent though it is rough. Is this anything to worry about?

-Gregory

Well you were close Jeremy. When the light came on this afternoon BOTH fish had changed colors and have established territories on each half of the tank. Feeding seems to call a truce, but after that no one crosses the "no mans land".

On the bright side the colors are magnificent!

-Gregory

well Anthias are like clown fish,they all start off as males so it is always good to have at least 3 or more in a tank.how big is ur tank?

andrew said:
well Anthias are like clown fish,they all start off as males so it is always good to have at least 3 or more in a tank.how big is ur tank?

I think anthias are the otherway...they start as females and change to males as needed. Someone here will have the answer.

The tank is 75g and there are no other fish.

I started with 4 females and one male. As of last night I now have 3 males, one female, and one undecided. Lots of posturing, fin waving, and color flashing but no casualties. They are extreamly well fed so hopefully that will help. Otherwise short of breaking down all the rock work I don't see a way to get them out.

-Gregory

Back