Neptune Aquatics

Any car geeks here?

Mr. Ugly

Past President
Check out this datalog of O2 sensor voltage. The yellow is rpm over time.

Idle crosscount is about 1 per 4-6 seconds. At higher rpms, it's about 1/sec.

Shouldn't it be 1/sec at idle as well?

crosscounts.jpg

[quote author=Mr. Ugly link=topic=4191.msg52169#msg52169 date=1218634072]
Did a datalog on the Mustang. Trying to figure out if my O2 sensors are going bad.

Sensors show full voltage range... 0.20-0.80v. Average reading is 0.60v at idle and 0.55v at higher rpms, so they are reading rich. Short term trims and long term trims show that the system is trying to correct for a lean condition though.

Cross count is like 1 every 4-6 seconds at idle, and 1/sec at higher rpms. I'm wondering if it shouldn't be 1/sec at idle also. Seems to be slow to recover on closing the throttle as well.

Do you or your racing buddies have any tips on fuel injection and O2 sensors?

Now that was way OT, wasn't it? hahah...
[/quote]

[quote author=fishnfst link=topic=4191.msg52303#msg52303 date=1218724261]
Sorry Norm.. No idea on your FI issue... Does it say how much correction plus or minus its adding? What does the fuel map look like under boost? A NA cars fuel ratio is going to be different than a FI car.. The datalogging does it provide any afr or lambda numbers or is it only the o2 sensor voltages it is giving you? I've burned out a couple of obdII o2's from a rich condition.. Rich=safe for the motor but not good for cats and o2 sensors :) I've also noticed poor throttle response and recovery during a rich condition.. Especially if your ecu is trying to correct the short term maps by more than 10 percent.. How much timing does your reflash pull?

The lean condition you mention is it at lower rpms? Or is it under full boost/higher rpms? Your 6 uses the same fuel pump as the 8's right?

Might have to find a local tuner that is good with sc mustangs.... Would be the best $150-200 you could spend :) I'll post a question on one of the boards and see if anyone can recommend a local tuner....
[/quote]

Well, SCT ( http://www.sctflash.com ) says that cross count is supposed to be lower at idle.

Datalogs are for NA. Blower isn't installed yet.

I can log lambda numbers as well as voltages. Less than 10% correction though. Fuel pump duty cycle looked fine.

Fuel trims are showing slight lean correction over the entire range, but more so at idle. Going to stare at the numbers some more to rule out any vacuum leaks.

one of the other guys said thats how it is supposed to look. approx one cycle every 4-10sec depending on vehicle at idle and can be as high as 10 cycles per second during hard accelleration in the higher rpm ranges..

they asked what the problem is?

I'm getting poor gas mileage for city driving.

Freeway driving, I can get over 26mpg without even trying. I'm averaging a little over 18 for city/freeway combined. So the in city mileage must be in the low 10s's.

LTFT and STFT are showing corrections for lean condition, and I"m suspecting bad sensors or something fooling the sensors at low speed.

Sensors are switching, but the average voltage is in the .55-.60 range, so they are biased rich.

LTFT shows about 5% enrichment at 1.05, but the STFT doesn't go to 1.00.

Trying to make sure everything is in order before doing the Eaton.

Got the whole rear suspension and axle out of the car yesterday. Bunch of new stuff going in this weekend :D

DANG... You're going all out.. CF Drive Shaft or something,Bigger brakes changing the rear end gears already??? What could it be??? :)

Haha... 8.8 rear end with 3.73's and limited slip going in. Also some Tokico D-specs and H&R Supersport springs all around, adjustable panhard bar, upper and lower control arms, and camber plates.

Drive shaft maybe later. Got some brakes to go in, but waiting for tires to wear out and an upgrade to bigger wheels :D

The suspension upgrades probably put me in the wrong class for autocross. I'm sure there are some way hardcore guys by the time you get to non-stock control arms.

Well, at least it'll be fun to drive :D

OH yeah.. It's all about having fun and enjoying your vehicle.. If you aren't a hardcore competitive racer it doesn't much matter where you place....... Some of the most competitive classes are the street and stock classes.. All driver...... It's all about having fun and tinkering is half the fun :)

Right on.. My 98 y7 pushing 10psi dyno'd just over 200whp I drove it daily for 120,000mi before pulling the motor.... Good power to dollar ratio!! Me and my partners old fully built d16z6 on a gt28rs@22psi went 375 before it ran out of injector.... Then it met its match within the week it got tuned.. :( Chopped it up in 45 minutes with a single jack and sawzall with a pocketful of blades...

Another fallen eg....
2390378760_abc284afb0_b.jpg

[quote author=fishnfst link=topic=4305.msg88942#msg88942 date=1237180360]Chopped it up in 45 minutes with a single jack and sawzall with a pocketful of blades...[/quote]

Maybe you can help me do that with the Jeep. Part it out and scrap the rest.

Hahah back when scrap was better they were paying 180-220 a ton for scrap steel. So one car would get you about that. I'm sure there are guys who will pick it up.. The guy that picked up my civic just wanted me to cut it into small enough pieces that it would fit in his flat bed and could be handloaded.... Quite a few people will take it for free.. There were a couple guys out of richmond here tha twould come and pick it up and make it disappear :)

[quote author=Nanocube-boy link=topic=4305.msg88946#msg88946 date=1237180796]
Oh wow. That's a scary EG. What happen?
[/quote]

Someone not used to a high HP front wheel drive car wrecked it.. It had big brakes and a larger master cyclinder in it as well. It had originally been setup for road racing before it was converted to a sleeper drag car... The day it was wrecked it had 275 35 15's on it in the front... Plenty of stopping power...

Back