Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Nov. 15

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Nov. 22

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Nov. 29 (Thanksgiving weekend)

Votes: 4 26.7%

• Total voters
Let's keep the feedback coming. I think it may have been spoiled already but we've been talking about hosting at a LFS since it's mutually beneficial and it foster a more personal relationship with our LFS sponsors. However, we'll see how well received it actually is when I hear back from them.

I think your idea of "mutually beneficial" varies greatly from theirs. Having managed an LFS, I can tell you its quite different on the other side of the counter. I do salute you from carrying on the concept that BAR can help the LFS.

Details? We could do the same.
Informal ones, where friends are simply trading?
Or more organized with a table, entrants, and some sort of sequence?

Usually organized pre-trades. The actual swapping like BAR has always done isn't the norm. You say "fragswap" in many states, they think people selling corals like at BAYMAC and the likes. The concept of actual trading isn't the norm as it used to be.

I think your idea of "mutually beneficial" varies greatly from theirs. Having managed an LFS, I can tell you its quite different on the other side of the counter. I do salute you from carrying on the concept that BAR can help the LFS.

I'll have to chat with the LFS sponsors to get their honest feedback and see what other ideas we (the club and sponsors) can come up with.

How many attendees would you expect to get to an event like this? I'm fairly new to BAR and have no idea if I can even accommodate but I'd really like to meet everyone and am happy to open my home for a bbq & frag swap if it's feasible.

Justin (San Francisco),
sent from tapatalk

How many attendees would you expect to get to an event like this? I'm fairly new to BAR and have no idea if I can even accommodate but I'd really like to meet everyone and am happy to open my home for a bbq & frag swap if it's feasible.

Justin (San Francisco),
sent from tapatalk
No expectations really... we'll run with how many ever we have. I'd suggest attending and go from there. It'll give you a decent idea of what the group is like. :)

So far it looks like Nov. 8 is the date most favored. Be sure to cast your vote! I think we'll look to finalize a date by this weekend.

Back