Neptune Aquatics

Any layoff going on at your company??

My wife works at the bank formerly known as WaMu. Being layed off is almost welcome IF there was another easy job lined up....unfortunately that isn't likely with the current economy.

Two people at my company got layed off last month and hopefully that will be it. We will not be getting a bonus this year but with everything going on we can already be happy to have a job.

Wow! Glad to see you again Tony :). This is Mike, btw. I don't think I ever got to thank you for the plants you gave me when we lived in the OC. I bought that massive Amazon sword you had about 5-6 years ago. When did you land in the Bay Area?

Please forgive my retarded memory, but I don' recall which mike lol. Either way, glad it worked out for you :) That sword was huge which is why I had to get rid of it. Totally dominated the tank.

I moved up here a bit over a year ago. Hopefully work will "let" me stay

[quote author=Gomer link=topic=5478.msg68237#msg68237 date=1228929229]
I moved up here a bit over a year ago. Hopefully work will "let" me stay
[/quote]

They better let you stay! I want in on the DBTC of all the frags you ninja'd at BAYMAC!!!! :) :)

[quote author=patchin link=topic=5478.msg68113#msg68113 date=1228881381]
T and I both work at Chabot College, so we essentially work for the state. We still have jobs, but soon we may get IOUs.
[/quote]

I have over a dozen friends that work in CA higher education. I'm crossing my fingers for all of you.

At least Arny didn't get his $8 an hour for you all. Teach the state to vote for him again!!

[quote author=Gomer link=topic=5478.msg68229#msg68229 date=1228927745]
My wife works at the bank formerly known as WaMu. Being layed off is almost welcome IF there was another easy job lined up....unfortunately that isn't likely with the current economy. [/quote]
Small world, so does my cousin. He supports the credit card dept's so will most likely get the ax at some point.

We're continuing to hire more people and starting construction on a new building (which has been in the works for years), but they're cost cutting in other ways: reducing perks, trying to cut energy costs, etc. All in all we're pretty lucky.

even for being profitable, toyota has cut some major costs and froze all new hires. if the auto industry doesn't collapse i will be safe.

I work for a biotech company and we had a 10% reduction last month (about 80 people). Luckily I was spared in that round but there will be more layoffs soon. From what I hear though, the company was pretty generous with their severance package.

[quote author=LordHelmet link=topic=5478.msg68546#msg68546 date=1228975896]
even for being profitable, toyota has cut some major costs and froze all new hires. if the auto industry doesn't collapse i will be safe.
[/quote]

I believe NUMI froze production for a couple of days. From what I hear - there were surpluss of Toyota trucks and other GM brand cars.

My wife just got her notice from Wamu, she out of the job on January 30. But is a good thing cuz she prego and i wanted her to stay home.

I work for a semiconductor and its being hit by this down turn big time. We just layed off 600 people. The rumor is more to come next quarter.

Hpefully thing will turn around by the end of next year, so we all could start buying all the reefing goodies again. :D

Congratulations on the upcoming Keiki. :D The first 3-4 years are formative. I stayed home when finances allowed and do not regret it. :) Besides , I got to enjoy the developmental milestones that make parenting fun! :D

Back