High Tide Aquatics

Any Python No Spill and Clean System users out there?

gmdcdvm

Supporting Member
Hello,
I was looking into purchasing a Python No Spill and Clean water changing system. I do not have a sink that I want all the dirty water to drain into. The location of my tank makes it easy to attach this system the garden hose faucet in the front of the house. My question for those of you that own one is it possible to attach a long hose to the outlet of this system? What I envision is attaching a long hose and having this drain directly into the gutter along the street. Any thoughts?

Gerry

I used it a lot many years ago on a freshwater tank. I think I had 50ft hose and it works just fine. The only cons of the system is you are wasting a lot of water. If your garden hose faucet is lower than your tank, then i supposed you turn on the faucet to start the siphon and turn it off after to avoid wasting too much water.

I used it a lot many years ago on a freshwater tank. I think I had 50ft hose and it works just fine. The only cons of the system is you are wasting a lot of water. If your garden hose faucet is lower than your tank, then i supposed you turn on the faucet to start the siphon and turn it off after to avoid wasting too much water.
It would be possible to attach a 25ft hose to the outlet part of the system? That is what I am trying to figure out so I can essentially dump the dirty saltwater directly into the gutter. I don't want to risk debris, silt, or sand glogging up the pipes.

Gerry

If your sink faucet is higher than your tank water level, then it's a looooooot of wasted wasted. You practically have to let the water run while you're draining.

Better off if the other end of (output) the tube is lower than your tank water level.

Last edited:
What do you mean outlet part of the system? Python have 2 ends, the faucet attachment and the suction tube . The saltwater will be dump where you faucet attachment is. Unless you start the siphon and move the faucet attachment to wherever you want. The faucet is used to start the siphon . In my case my faucet is not much higher than the tank, so I have to keep the faucet running to drain the tank.

Hello,
I was looking into purchasing a Python No Spill and Clean water changing system. I do not have a sink that I want all the dirty water to drain into. The location of my tank makes it easy to attach this system the garden hose faucet in the front of the house. My question for those of you that own one is it possible to attach a long hose to the outlet of this system? What I envision is attaching a long hose and having this drain directly into the gutter along the street. Any thoughts?

Gerry
It’s what happens here

What do you mean outlet part of the system? Python have 2 ends, the faucet attachment and the suction tube . The saltwater will be dump where you faucet attachment is. Unless you start the siphon and move the faucet attachment to wherever you want. The faucet is used to start the siphon . In my case my faucet is not much higher than the tank, so I have to keep the faucet running to drain the tank.
What my mean by the outlet is the faucet attachment. This I assume is ust an open out let that drains into the sink. I can't tell from the images I have seen if the opening from where the water drains from is ringed or if there is a way to attach a long hose to it. Essentially there would be a hose from the tank to the faucet attachment and then ideally another hose from the faucet attachment to the gutter.

Simple answer is yes. I am currently siphoning from my tank using the python 25 ft+ line attached to the garden faucet connector.

Back