Our mission

any way to change an Blue back tank to Black back?

Apon

Supporting Member
So for some time now, I have had it it my mind that my next tank would be at 6ft x ( 2-3ft wide) x 2 tall - my current tank is 4x2x2. I figure when get a bigger place someday. So I was bored one night and I was looking through the RC for sale and I found a 72x30x24 tank!, but its blue back instead of black....can I do anything about that? its plexi not glass. let me know what you guys think.

Gen adds a black veneer piece to his larger tanks as opposed to using a solid black piece. I suppose you could glue on a piece or a series of smaller pieces to the inside back panel.

It really comes down to if the back wall is a laminate or solid blue. You may be able to remove if a laminate. Otherwise, Jeremy is spot on. Need to add a new thin piece to the inside.

+2

Go to tap buy a very thin black piece of acrylic a few dabs of weldon to hold it up and should be good. You could also mold it around any overflows, or what not.

Do what they do in public aquariums and use a removable back panel. easy to clean, allows hiding of some equipment in the corners, you can round corners, etc :)

Derek, not sure yet... will you be able to come out too. I think I need 2 cars ...my truck and another.

Back