High Tide Aquatics

Anyone saw the new Odyssea Fixture?

[quote author=bigballinreefer link=topic=6801.msg87875#msg87875 date=1236831434]
i know that odyssea isnt a good brand.
[/quote]

:)

I've seen people buy odyssea fixtures, first they typically replace the ballasts, because the ballasts they supply typically are underpowered and complete crap, then people replace the bulbs because the bulbs are complete crap, but they seem to be happy for the pendant, which to me seems like an expensive way to go about getting a really cheap pendant with subpar reflectors in it.

But hey, if you really want to save a buck, go for it man, it's your dime.

It looks almost exactly like my Outer Orbitz fixture. The reflectors for the MH are horrible, doesn't spread the light at all.

so, in summary,
[quote author=A_Lee link=topic=6801.msg87877#msg87877 date=1236831648]
crap :)
[/quote]
[quote author=tuberider link=topic=6801.msg87880#msg87880 date=1236831722]
Odyssea is crap
[/quote]
[quote author=sfsuphysics link=topic=6801.msg87891#msg87891 date=1236835050] complete crap
[/quote][quote author=alve link=topic=6801.msg87892#msg87892 date=1236835521]horrible crap
[/quote]

I had to service a tank a while back and the guy had a odysea everything! Lets just say I got electric shocked about 5 times! The ballast are loud and fans even louder! He said it smoked a few times which i thought to myself, If I jump out the first story window will i survive if this thing blows up! :D Its cheap but not worth the hassle. It will never be carried in the store! ;D

[quote author=Ocean Treasures Aquarium link=topic=6801.msg87922#msg87922 date=1236841495]
I had to service a tank a while back and the guy had a odysea everything! Lets just say I got electric shocked about 5 times! The ballast are loud and fans even louder! He said it smoked a few times which i thought to myself, If I jump out the first story window will i survive if this thing blows up! :D Its cheap but not worth the hassle. It will never be carried in the store! ;D
[/quote]

I've had the same experience more than once, I wont touch a setup that uses anything by them.

Believe it or not there's a service guy in the area that LOVES Aquatraders crap, hangs it on all of his tanks. I wind up getting a call six months or so down the road to come rescue a tank and there sits a whole POS Odyssea setup. It's really hard to tell someone they need a whole new giddyup after they've paid someone to come out setup and service a fire hazard death box.

Back