Kessil

Apex tutorial

@H2OPlayar ill get the ball rolling on this. Anyone in particular I should keep in the loop?
As far as planning the details, Liz @Chromis is in charge of helping coordinate events as the VP and I like to be helpful, but as you can see you have broad support here from multiple Board members. Any of us can help with setting up the Zoom part.

Are you hoping to try to coordinate with Vincent @Vhuang168? For setting a day/time also include @Chromis since she is coordinating the big picture of the events calendar.

Thanks!

As far as planning the details, Liz @Chromis is in charge of helping coordinate events as the VP and I like to be helpful, but as you can see you have broad support here from multiple Board members. Any of us can help with setting up the Zoom part.

Are you hoping to try to coordinate with Vincent @Vhuang168? For setting a day/time also include @Chromis since she is coordinating the big picture of the events calendar.

Thanks!
Don’t include me In the setting up the zoom part lol.

Ya my bad - I space. I had a quick DM chat with @Vhuang168 and he said he's down - just needs a week or so head's up.
The other caveat is that he suggested we do it in person.

If we do indeed do this in person we'll need a venue for it. Anyone have any idea on that? Obviously - a cental location would be ideal to accommodate all sorts of commutes

Ya my bad - I space. I had a quick DM chat with @Vhuang168 and he said he's down - just needs a week or so head's up.

If we do indeed do this in person we'll need a venue for it. Anyone have any idea on that? Obviously - a cental location would be ideal to accommodate all sorts of commutes
Central is good, but also quite subjective so I wouldn’t worry too much about optimizing that part. Eric @Srt4eric has evaluated and accumulated possible venues in his position on the Board, can probably work with you on that part. If someone can volunteer their home or community center that usually works best.

I appreciate you stepping up on this. I helped organize the last one with Vincent and Neptune Systems, let me know if I or anyone else on the Board can help.

What's the benefit of being in person? Since you're able to contro thel apex from a browser, why not zoom and screen share?

on a related but separate note - I can do a zoom when I setup the apex on my new tank. wont be as polished as a prepared demo but it'll be a real world example of a setup from scratch. ill post about that when im ready and see if anyone wants to spectate

on a related but separate note - I can do a zoom when I setup the apex on my new tank. wont be as polished as a prepared demo but it'll be a real world example of a setup from scratch. ill post about that when im ready and see if anyone wants to spectate
I’m in on the zoom! When are you going to do the set up? I have a new apex ready to install myself.

I’m in on the zoom! When are you going to do the set up? I have a new apex ready to install myself.
not quite sure. I'm shooting to get the hardware in the tank in the next couple days... after that I just need sand & water. no target date (life, kids, wife, work) but I'll keep folks posted. if I take too long you can ping me & we can do your setup

not quite sure. I'm shooting to get the hardware in the tank in the next couple days... after that I just need sand & water. no target date (life, kids, wife, work) but I'll keep folks posted. if I take too long you can ping me & we can do your setup
No rush, I’m still getting my new tank going as well. Thanks for offering your time to help me with the set up!

I can volunteer my house again for this in Sunnyvale if that is central enough. Tough for east bay people, but good for south bay. Maybe a combo in person and zoom event to make it as accommodating as possible.

Reactions: JVU
As for the in-person vs online, it is sometimes more beneficial to be able to demonstrate something that you can participate in. Eg, in the last talk, we touched on salinity. I had everyone bring their measuring devices and we did a little experiment. The results were enlightening.
I was going to do the same with the Trident/Hanna/test kits etc.
But if the club prefers zoom I can do that too.
Let me know what you guys want to learn.

I like the idea of an in person. I’m willing to make the trip to the South Bay. Zoom is cool just not as fun.
I hear you - sometimes just having someone show you something is so much faster than seeing a video — and I zoom an awful lot for work but prefer to meet in person

Back