Kessil

Aquaexotic in Belmont

anderson99 said:
I've been very happy with Aqua Exotic. Matt, the one that runs/owns the shop, has been very helpful and has some cool/interesting stuff.

Wil is a great guy too.

Both Matt's own it and run it... you're talking Matt M though I suspect.

Matt M = shorter and the one that is always there
Matt F = tall and not always there

I thought they were only open on weekends and by appt on weekdays, but you can always call in check. I bought a couple items from Matt a few weeks back and thought that the store looked great, the prices were reasonable, and the service couldn't have been better.

Even though its by appt, they tend to be there A LOT, and Matt lives super close by so don't let the appt deal scare you away... he'll roll right over *if* he's not there already :)

BTW.. the taqueria in front is pretty damn good. The civeche is NOT made from tilapia like some many taquarias use now... they use real PNW 'rockcod'. (most tilapia is farmed on grains... their grain conversion is worse then a cow, pound for pound higher in saturated fats then grain fed cattle. Who would have thought that...)

I have no review for the bar though :lol:

The grain fed tilapia has essentially no Omega 3 fatty acids either. You might as well eat a hot dog. I've stopped eating tilapia almost entirely as it's just not a very good fish choice healthwise, ecologically or economically.

Closer in the east bay, the taco truck which is parked at the Hotsy Totsy in Albany serves a very fine halibut or rock fish (varies from week to week) ceviche. Their carnitas and cabeza are really, really good.

Back