High Tide Aquatics

Aquaticlife RODI

Any idea what is the problem?

I have an 18 months Aquaticlife (100 gpd). Three week ago, i replaced all filter cartridge, membrane and resin but here the dilemma:

Union city/ Fremont water from tap is: 350 tds
Before membrane reading is 220 tds
After membrane and before Resin reading is 22 tds.
but after the Resin, I got 18 tds. I expect some where less than 5tds so I can use for my tank. Drinking water from local water store measure at 2t ds.

I already waste about 100 gal of water to flush and filled water but the number very consistent.

I just get off the phone with support at Aquaticlife. Seem like the issue with the Resin, since I just replace all filter, membrane and the result before the resin is close to expected. He recommend me to place another gasket (double the gasket) on top of the current gasket to give the resin cartridge more tighten up, the TDS suppose to be much lower after resin.

Seems normal after membrane to me. Resin is probably junk or what the rep you talked to could be the case where water is bypassing the reain somehow. Didn't you order resin from eBay? Maybe buy some different resin and see what happens? Tds should be 0, maybe 1, 2 at the very highest.

After some quick math 220-22/220 = 0.9
So that means your membrane is at 90% rejection. That's pretty low for a new membrane but different things can cause that low number. TDS creep from a float valve or low water pressure. Also then again you have a high output membrane, 100gpd, so that's another reason. It's just letting more water through.

But generally just by looking at the TDS figures you gave, sounds like the resin is bad.

I would disagree about adding another washer on the resin filter. But instead replace it if you have an old one laying around. Those gaskets are thick and can prevent the actual filter housing from seating and closing properly and you'll get a leak.

Also make sure you got DI resin and not softening resin. I've been seeing a lot of softening resins on the market recently.

I've got the same water as you pretty much and when I have new resin my TDS is 0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Thank you for all informations. Yes, I bought 5 lb resin from eBay, let me try the gasket first before try a to buy new resin. I hope the gasket is solve the problem. For the flow pressure, I have the same set up and the flow before and use to get 3 tds.

Thank you for all informations. Yes, I bought 5 lb resin from eBay, let me try the gasket first before try a to buy new resin. I hope the gasket is solve the problem. For the flow pressure, I have the same set up and the flow before and use to get 3 tds.
Pressure won't change tds after di resin, but will change tds after membrane.

Pressure won't change tds after di resin, but will change tds after membrane.
Right, and with low pressure you will be dumping more water. You can easily check if you have enough pressure for the membrane by timing how long it takes to fill a gallon of water for example. But really it's probably more like the resin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

What is you water pressure? I had poor TDS (20 after membrane) and production in Cupertino (300 pre filter). Line pressure was 45psi. An RO booster pump has post RO TDs at 2 and production is way up.

I used to use an aquatic life until I found the seals don't work and water never went thought the resin. I tossed it out and got the brs unit and never looked back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back