Our mission

Arcti Pods and Acropora consumability

Like the title says, how consumable are they to Acropora? I see them eat whole pods, but wonder if they are getting any nutritional benefit, or is it a bust, like eating a whole bunch of sushi only to puke it up later because you had too much Saki.

(BTW, that example is not me thank god I've never been sick from Alcohol 8))

you've seen them eat pods? Of what size? Not the fat copepods right? I've always been under the impression they'd be too big for acropora to consume, but hey I know nothing :D

I'll wait for the pro to chime in

ahh..i just tried it out to see if i could catch it in action, but the pyle and anthias flocked to the area and made the polyps withdraw...

Nutritionally speaking you really couldn't do much better for an acro :) For most SPS AP are too large, but some have been seen to consume them with out turning them into pseudofeces (barfing as said before).

Thanks Gresham, I was thinking that. The way my flow is the tort get a whole bunch of pods, I just didn't want my coral to be doing its best imitation of Brandi and pulling the megaesophogus shuffle :D

Umm most corals can't move on their own....but if you've got one humping a stuffed animal I'd like to see the video :)

[quote author=GreshamH link=topic=3766.msg44064#msg44064 date=1211996069]
Umm most corals can't move on their own....but if you've got one humping a stuffed animal I'd like to see the video :)
[/quote]Not humping silly, puking, she is a multifaceted weiner is she not ;D?

This is Fat. Fat loves his monkey. Fat loves rubbing his monkey on his stuffed monkey.

fat.jpg

Back