Reef nutrition

Are there any decent out of the box all-in-one nanos?

Like the Bio Cube or Red Sea that doesn't need upgrades? Or is it not worth buying one by time you upgrade everything to an acceptable level so just start from scratch?

The goal – an LPS/SPS tank specializing in chalices, acans, favias, and one hardy branching SPS at the top of the rockwork as a focal piece like a tree over a field.

-Gregory

You can make your own better and cheaper I think. It takes more work up front though. I felt really limited with my nanocube.

I got a biocube 29 with stand that you could talk me out of real cheap... Believe it doesn't have the ballast for the power compacts...probably don't want it anyways tho?

I love my BioCube 29 HQI. All I had to do to it was add a better skimmer because the BioCube skimmer that came with the tank is crap. I also upgraded the pump to get better flow. My SPS are thriving and the tank doesn't overheat, except for on really hot summer days. Last week it went up to 86, but my RSM was just as high so it wasn't the halide.

Coral reefer said:
I got a biocube 29 with stand that you could talk me out of real cheap... Believe it doesn't have the ballast for the power compacts...probably don't want it anyways tho?

That could work well....PM sent.

-Gregory

Back