Arnold's Tank - added tank progression shots 2-6 year growth pics - Added RAPID LED ONYX fixture.

Discussion in 'Tank Journals' started by Apon, Nov 21, 2007.

1. Apon

Apon Volunteer

I guess its a good spot for pictures - sorry folks this is a repeat for those whose has seen this info from the SF Tank Tour.

11-21-2007 update - I lost a one inch deresa clam, because my torch frag fell on it a few weeks ago! My superman monti is loosing color as well, but everything is about the same.

My Tank info -
    Actually its my mixed reef with lots of clams -12 of them. Some of my clams will out grow this one so I am thinking about what to do with them too later, but here is some info and pics. enjoy.

Tank-
    4x2x2 120g tenecor tank.- dual overflow -small sump with a- iwaki return pump returns 3 pipes into the tank.

1 vortec pump for additional flow.

Lighting-
    36" aquamedic dual 250 20k HQI with dual 39watt T5 little and
    36" sunpod Dual 150 20k HQI lighting ( I think the side tank pics is one with only 1 light on)
    3 coralife 1 watt moonlights that i leave on all day long.

Filtration-
    No Skimmer (for past 9 months)- No filter sock - filtration is maintained by 5 gallon water changes once a week, 1 small bag of carbon, and 12 clams ( 2 gigas, 2 squamies, 2 hippos, 1 crocea, 5 deresas of different sizes.....lost my 2 maxima's )
    Lots of live rock and a shallow sand bed.

Additional-
    I dose lime water twice a week ( 5 gallons drip in) and sometime some iodine
    A small fan to maintain temp
    a Calcium Reactor
    No Heater, No refug. No Cheato, that's it ....pretty simple setup

[quote author=kinetic link=topic=2409.msg24752#msg24752 date=1190358643]
    Arnold's side shot and fts:

[​IMG]
    [/quote] [/B][/QUOTE]

jonmos75 likes this.
  2. Apon

Apon Volunteer

QUOTE]<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10912757#post10912757 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Apon
    Another shot - Thanks to Art for taking the pics.

[quote author=kinetic link=topic=2409.msg24753#msg24753 date=1190358683]
    FTS:
    (If the vortech and return were off, the reflection on top would be killer... hehe =)

[​IMG]
    [/quote]
    [/QUOTE]

jonmos75 likes this.
  3. northbay-reefer

northbay-reefer Honorary Member

If Art can take picture of my tank then maybe I'll do a journal :D :D

Those are nice shots and beautiful tank Arnold

4. xinumaster

xinumaster Guest

Verrrry nice tank, Arnold. can you take picture of the sump? Got to make sure you don't have skimmer. :D

5. kinetic

kinetic Webmaster

very cool, can't wait to see more updates! I'll come over next time I visit my sister across the street lol ;)

BTW it's easy to take good pictures of a tank if the tank is in such amazing maturity and condition as arnold's!

6. Apon

Apon Volunteer

Thanks guys, Skimmer is attached, but the pump is dead : ) Good thing the tank is about 4 years old.

Since Sept -I added that large favia that I bought from Lucky Ocean that day of the tour for those who remember. I gave it too much light so its not as bright as before.

I moved my large bright green candy cane to the center of the tank.

And Added a Aussie( no laughing Norm) Elegance coral, which is doing great for the last 2 months.

Losses - Cali tort from SWAP in Dixon, red millie minicolony, and the little 1 inch deresa clam.

7. Raddogz

Raddogz Guest

The colors are even more "WOW" than the above shot as he has added different spectrum (more blue), and more of it lighting :D

8. kinetic

kinetic Webmaster

[quote author=Raddogz link=topic=2612.msg27098#msg27098 date=1195871782]
    The colors are even more "WOW" than the above shot as he has added different spectrum (more blue), and more of it lighting :D
    [/quote]

... hangout at Arnold's!?

9. Raddogz

Raddogz Guest

LOL ;D

10. Apon

Apon Volunteer

Update - I picked 2 new clams - broke my own rule one - 3 inch blue maxima from the Taravel Shop and one - 1 inch multicolor maxima from OT ( the same one that Charles W. bought before I could) its way small so I hope it will be ok.

11. Raddogz

Raddogz Guest

Is the one you were oogling from before? ;D

12. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

Was it the one with a white/gold mix in the color? I was eyeing that too, however I stayed away.

13. Apon

Apon Volunteer

yep, that is the one Mike. Eileen I don't think you saw it, unless you stopped by the last 2 weeks to the shop.

14. Apon

Apon Volunteer

OK - Damn it! That little new Maxima didn't make it. : ( Died or was eaten 2 days ago.

15. wow! amazing....

16. Apon

Apon Volunteer

Thanks....oh also I haven't seen my Anthias in a week. Thanks for listening to my venting....

17. Raddogz

Raddogz Guest

Ouch - Painful week!

Sorry to hear about it.

18. skorpinok

skorpinok Guest

Yikes - sorry to hear about it as well Arnold.

19. Apon

Apon Volunteer

I moved the picture down

20. Apon

Apon Volunteer

ok time for another update:

Since the tank tour I lost the hippo clam ( anyone know why I can get another one? I can't find them anywhere) and 1 maxima :(

Just this week since I was on vacation I lost part of my mini sps colony from Tonga- still have a large frag I saved and I also lost 1 of my Green slimmer colonies....I think my friend said it fell while I was gone.

Now I guess I have an excuse to add stuff to the tank.