Our mission

Ashburn’s 50g frag tank

On the 2nd note, my 12g office tank arrived, and already working on drilling it.
IMG_7358.jpeg

Any thoughts on what happened to the CBB? I’ve one in my tank but it never really looks thrilled, and lost its great yellow color too.

I’ve heard they can’t really coexist with any other nems, dunno how true that is. I don’t have any other BTA but do have a mag.
Kept one with a tank full of BTAs for 10+ years. It loved to munch on bristle worms and mysis.

ok latest update

came back from Reno ski trip got infected with COVID, and our house has been had no gas for the last 3 weeks, different contractors delays/no-shows and one freak accident.. hope you wont need to experience something like this during the holiday break, it was frustrating when you are sick and not able to have hot water on demand.

Tank has been doing great, made some changes out of frag rack due to some hair algae growing on them. will need to do a water change soon.

@ashburn2k
Speedy recovery to you and yours
My sympathies
But I can empathize....house heater died mid December a few years back...sucks!!
We did have hot water
Should have stayed home and spent more time on the tank. ;/

Finally after all the stupid unfortunate things, most stuff are back on track, life, reef tank etc.

thank is doing nice lately, and i'm feeding heavly Reef Nutrition line of live food and half pellets/flake on the auto feeder.

Trident died again, need to send it in for repair.
and yes I got way too many hornet zoas

and oh those gold hammers are $10/head, come get em while they last, almost half gone now. going to clear up my frag rack for some serious Goni hoarding.

IMG_8033.jpeg
IMG_8036.jpeg
IMG_8034.jpeg
IMG_8040.jpeg
IMG_8030.jpeg

Last edited:
so my 2nd trident failed again, I'm sending it in for service, and my older one that I neglected since 2020 ( i did the part replace myself thinking i could get it fixed but it didnt work. so i gave up and bought another used one ). And sending both in for service, so I can have backup if one fails again. at this point i'm not going to buy a new one but send it in for service when it fails at 2-3 years. I swear when it works, it's great, but when it fails.. you just want to trash it. and im not about going to change my system to another brand at this point.

Back