Reef nutrition

ATI Skimmer parts?

You might also check with Ed at KM Associates Intl. Local guy that sells ATi skimmers. My 160 came from Ed.

BTW, what happened to your impeller? Mine looks pretty bullet proof. Note: One stange trait of the BM 160 is that they hate to be turned off. When turned off they can be stubborn to restart. I have found that when I must shut mine down, that after turning it back on, I need to lift it a few inches off the sump bottom to start it back up "or" blow into the air tube to stirr things up. Mine runs like a champ and is VERY quiet as well. It's skimming white foam from my 1 week old tank already.

the restart issue is very specific to the Sicce pump and the mesh wheel that's on them (might also be true of other mesh wheel modded pumps too).

Sicce + any non traditional impeller type = start up issue (meaning needle wheels have the same problem)

sfsuphysics said:
Supposedly they have a needle wheel that doesn't have any start up issues.

Not Sicce but a skimmer manufacturer. Most Skimmer manuf. make their own NW and the ones on the market I've pretty much read the same thing about (start up issues).

Ah I see, yeah this is an after market (3rd party??) NW I saw on a few sites within the past couple months that claims to eliminate the start up issues, although it also eliminates a ton of air pull as well which I don't know if I'd be particularly happy with, I can live with restart issues which 80%* more air , because its on way longer than it's ever off.

*pieced together guestimation based upon some mfg specs I've seen

Back