High Tide Aquatics

ATL Red Star Cyphastrea

Look up Cyphastrea decadia for those interested. This is probably my favorite Cyphastrea just due to its growth shape.

Please place me on the waiting list for the next fragging of this beauty! 0:) THX!
BTW, my mangrove starts are going wild in my sump! Thanks!

thank jon for the frag! it's my favorite new coral! i have it located front and center on the lower 3rd of my tank. hope i can grow this out fast and pass to others. will keep you posted in a few months.

I'm pretty stoked about placing the ATL frag in it's final location in the tank. I mounted it just above a swim through in the reef, about mid tank. It has a real nice sheen to it today which is a good thing. I'm really getting to like cyphastrea, especially since I've learned how NOT to kill it! :O Thanks for the very cool and unusual addition to my tank.

Updated to add picture. Hey, com'mon.............this little guy's gonna grow up to be a big 'ol coral!
March201064.jpg

Oh no!
It looks like it's infested with "White bugs"
Arrrgh! :D
:bigsmile: :bigsmile:
You are a coral growing machine John!

As you had mentioned, it's very slow to respond but is showing all the signs of getting settled. My guess is a couple months before we see much change. I do love the unusual!

hi jon, just an update, this coral looks awesome, but i cant tell if there has been any new growth. will update this thread again in a month or two. best, g

i had a zoa grow like mad and ended up right next to this frag, so i had to chop up the rock and move this. i think it has encrusted more, but has not branched out. it was on the bottom third left hand side of my tank and is now on the bottom third right side. my other encrusting cyphastreas have grown a lot in comparison...i'll give it a little more time, but if it remains the same, i might have to put this back into the dbtc for another farmer to try.

misc592.jpg

Back