Cali Kid Corals

Atlantis Shades of Fall

As many of you know, I'm dealing with a bit of trouble with my tanks. I've lost a lot of sps recently without any true explanation although I have many theories. Things seem to be stabilizing as I'm not seeing any more death. But in case something happens again, I'd like to back up a few of my surviving favorite pieces so I'd like to donate this coral to DBTC.

Rules:
1) Must be a 2009 BAR member.
2) Must donate at least 3 frags back into the program before selling or trading.
3) Must have an established tank with experience with sps.
4) Must be willing to give me back a frag if I lose my mini-colony.

FishTank734.jpg

Similar to the ORA Pearlberry post, I accidentally hit post new topic instead of post new chain.

Mods, can you please delete this thread? The frag will still go to Scott.

EDIT: Nevermind...thank you Bryan for updating this to a chain.

BTW Durwin. FWIW. Shades of Fall and Pink Lemonade are supposed to be the same coral from what I understand

http://www.reeffarmers.com/limitedpinklemonadeacro.htm

I had heard that although I really thought they looked different. The shades of fall had a really green base while the pink lemonade had a more yellowish base. Both had purple growth edges and pink polyps although the shades of fall also has pink tips. At least that's what it looked like in my tank conditions. :~ :-~ :puzzled:

hmm I'll let Ian chime in on this he has one of those Atl used to call it shades of fall and then stopped and called another coral shades of fall story.

Sounds like a are you my kinfolk stories we hear in the South.

Before the pink lemonade was called pink lemonade, ATL started calling it shades of fall.
After it was named pink lemonade and the same stuck, ATL named another coral the shades of fall (the current shades of fall) nasuta.

Haha!

So I believe the one I have is the new ATL Shades of Fall which I bought from ATL. I think the one I lost was the pink lemonade/old Shades of Fall? The coral naming business is funny. I wonder if you can buy names ahead of time like web domains? LOL!

Reminds me Charles and I were talking to a particular new member and Charles says "That coral actually has an interesting story...." to which the new guy (sorry I can't remember who it was) replied "Doesn't every coral have a story"

:D

seminolecpa said:
I am going to name all of my corals in the future George (like George forman's kids) to avoid confusion

Haha! In that case, the Pink Lemonade should really be called Shades of Fall and the ATL Shades of Fall should be named Shades of Fall II or Junior for short.

Back