Reef nutrition

Attn-- I need help please---

Hey all,

Well..... after building my 37 gal I have run into the dreaded "wall" of non-finishing!! I need some help/advice, etc to get this thing up and running...
Here is what i need help with:

1. Connecting the MH reflector and bulb to the ballast- there is no wires and I have no idea what type??
2. Plumbing- i have all the PVC, yet don't know how to measure it, cut it,connect it and how to run it....
3. Just the finishing touches of putting it all together..

If anyone can help me I would owe you 10,000X fold....

Please let me know if you can be a Savior and help!!!

Thanks everyone!!!

Beau

does the reflector come with the socket installed already? What kind of reflector is it? there should be three wires coming off the socket and connect to the three wires from the ballast. as far as plumbing, you can cut it with a saw, at least that's what I did, and glue it with the pvc glue at lowes. that's all i could think of now.

Can you post some images of the reflector/socket?

I live way far but if you go this Saturday to the meeting you'd get lots of help and maybe after wards I could swing by your place.

Since you don't know how to measure I would go metric. To hell with inches and feet, If you can count to ten your good as gold! Just take it one step at a time.
You can do it! :)

Here are some pics of the lighting:
IMG_1381.jpg

let me know what to do

Thx

Attached files /attachments/sites/default/files/IMG_1379.jpg

What kind of ballast is that? Does it have any special connector? Some ballast like PFO required a PFO connector/wire. There is only 3 wires. Just connect them base on the color of the wire.

That looks like an Odyssea ballast, I'd say some surgery has to be done to it to check which wires feed the mh and the other two where would they go, fan power supply maybe?
Are you going to the meeting tomorrow?

I wouldn't cut the cord on the ballast. Try to see if you can get the connector and cut that instead.. I guess you bought it used?? Ask the seller to see if he still have the extension...

aquatraders should have it
That is the brand of my fixture (odyssea) perhaps they have a fixture available.
They are very reasonable price wise.
They are also only open to the public Fridays saturadys and sundays.

I would change the ballast if it really is an Odyssea ballast. Even though it may be a 175w ballast, they are known to be overrated and will probably drive your bulb at about 100 watts.

Back