[Aug 5, 2017] Silicon Valley Coral Farmers Market (Saratoga, CA)

Discussion in 'Events & Announcements' started by bar_admin, Jul 29, 2017.

By bar_admin on Jul 29, 2017 at 10:42 PM
  1. bar_admin

bar_admin Webmaster Staff Member

jepoy likes this.
Tags: this article has not been tagged
Silicon Valley Coral Farmers Market
Start Date: Aug 5, 2017 11:00 AM
End Date: Aug 5, 2017 05:00 PM
Time Zone: America/Los_Angeles -07:00 PDT

14000 Fruitvale Ave.
Saratoga, CA 95070

Posted By: bar_admin

Confirmed Attendees: 3
You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
The following users have RSVP'd "Yes": 3

Comments

Discussion in 'Events & Announcements' started by bar_admin, Jul 29, 2017.

1. Ibn
      Ibn
      Nice pick ups!

The diabolic pacman is supposed to be the same as the RR pink floyd. I don't have that piece to put next to the pink floyd to see if they'll fuse, but it would be interesting to verify.
    2. Ashalye
      Ashalye
      [​IMG]

We made it just in time for the raffle. Won some acrylic mushroom boxes. Got 5 little corals from Reef Kingdom. At the end of the show he was doing "buy 3, get 2 free" on his $15 frags. Nice to see Mike, Will and Phuong!
    3. Flagg37
      Flagg37
      Yep, that would be my guess too. The bar booth was on the back wall along with the MARs and NVR clubs.
      Only a week of dishes for a $70 clam? Sign me up. I have to do them for free at my house.

Yes, there will be a PayPal link to prepurchase the swap tickets.
      Mark B likes this.
    4. Flagg37
      Flagg37
      I wish I could have stayed later.

@Chromis, I want to see what you got.
    5. Chromis
      Chromis
      I'll take some photos tomorrow
    6. JVU
      JVU
      I thought those acrylic softie frag boxes were interesting. Does anyone know who sells them?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    7. Chromis
      Chromis
      Really nice! I hadn't seen a blue/green mottled frogspawn. I was also appreciating all the chunky bright yellow acros, including this and the Pink Floyds on this trip.
    8. Wlachnit
      Wlachnit
      We raffled one off...and I already forgot the name! Too funny...cuz I was telling folks about it.
    9. Ashalye
      Ashalye
      The guy from Clear Water Aquarium laser cuts and makes the mushroom boxes. The raffle prizes were even personalized to say "Coral Farmers Market 2017". It doesn't say his name, but his number is 415.342.0028

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      Last edited: Aug 5, 2017
      JVU likes this.
    10. JVU
      JVU
      Thanks, I'll check it out!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    11. RandyC
      RandyC
      Hopefully I can get this guy to grow. Then we can swap frags and experiment!
      Ibn likes this.
    12. scuzy
      scuzy
      What does a mushroom box do?
    13. RandyC
      RandyC
      Vented box for loose shrooms. Holds shroom and rock/rubble so it doesn't float away. They did look nice...Plus compact so it doesn't take a lot of room.
    14. Ashalye
      Ashalye
      Holds a loose mushroom over a rock/rubble/frag plug until it attaches so it doesn't blow away in the current.
    15. Ashalye
      Ashalye
      Jinx!
      Coral reefer and RandyC like this.
    16. jepoy
      jepoy
      Though I was only there for about an hour, I had lots of fun window shopping. It sucked that I couldn't take any corals home as my tank is still cycling, but I enjoyed seeing a lot of the corals in person for the first time. I didn't go home empty handed tho, Reef Nutrition gave me two free bottles of copepods and a bottle of phytoplankton! I finally have life in my tank!

Also, got to chat it up with Mr Flagg, too bad I didn't bump into any other BARers there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    17. Flagg37
      Flagg37
      Yeah, I think we were the first couple bar members there.
      jepoy likes this.
    18. Wlachnit
      Wlachnit
      We needed a banner behind our table. I'm sure that's how Mark missed us. BTW, Steve and Randy paid us out $ for the raffle tickets. I can give it to @mray2660 at the frag swap next month.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    19. Coral reefer
      Coral reefer
      He very likely won't be there, Dave or I will take care of it in his absence
    20. Wlachnit
      Wlachnit
      Great.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk