Neptune Aquatics

BA-CFM are you going?

JAR

I have never been before.
What is good to get there?
Is there a vendor to check first for "the good stuff"?
How are the prices?
Would you buy corals there or are you going to look and see?
I plan to be there when it opens.
Is anyone willing to hold my hand? :bigsmile:

Tons of good stuff. Full range from semi common to very rare.
All the venders (at least last year) had good stuff. Some more than others. It just depends on what you like
Prices are reasonable. They start out on the higher side when the selection is the best. At the end of the day, there tends to be discounts to move coral (sometimes steep discounts)...but selection is substantially down. However, last year, some killer deals were made.
I'm buying. Bring cash or your CC will go into overdrive from lack of control lol.

I have to get there when it opens and I can give it about 1-2 hours.
I hope to go home and work in the yard if its not raining too hard.
How much cash are you bringing? Maybe I'll just bring a knife.:D LOL

If you are looking for that ultra sweet piece, and MUST have it, need to go early, however vendors are there before customers and very often they'll trade/sell within themselves to get that uber-rare must have piece :)

If you don't care so much about a particular coral I'd definitely go near the end of the day, when they start packing up corals tend to go on sale, and you can get some pretty sweet pieces for a lot cheaper later in the day as a result.

I'm not going, because I have no room in my tank, and I can't see paying an admission fee just to look at frags :)

I think that good pieces will be easy to come by this year, I don't foresee people showing up with wads of cash like did in prior years.

Just came back from the event with a small boatload of corals.

Thanks to the organizers of BA-CFM and the many vendors - wishing a safe trip back home! :D

Damn I know I should have waited until the end, but ran out of patience an hour too early. The result is a hole in my wallet, but I really like what I got, all chalices: Bazoka Joe, Oranji, and toxic pie. Oh, also a neat plexi top down viewer, for my upcoming cube.

I scored a small bounty- 5 pieces I like and a couple really nice chalice frags and a top view box. this is a 'must-go' event for me, it's the best opportunity of the year to have an outstanding selection of coral frags at reasonable prices.

I was a 1/2 hour late to the opening but I got 3 corals that I like.
The best part was meeting GreshamH in the flesh. He sounds so stern sometimes on his posts but he reminds me of my black Lab. "Just happy to be here" Havin' a great ol time.
Nice to talk to Tuberider also. Also got to meet Steve Tyree. Very cool event. :)

I did pretty well. Bought 2 chalice frags, traded for another 2 and got a piece of blue matrix to keep my dbtc piece company

Here are the ones I bought

SniperSPS's Pinkie Dinkie Chalice (gotta love the name)

BACFMFrags2009.jpg

A Yellow and Green Chalice I was eyeing all day. I dubbed it the Nacho Cheese Chalice

BACFMFrags2009-2.jpg

A friend for the DBTC Blue Matrix I got from Ed in DBTC (Hoping they will meld together and help it grow quicker). Couldn't pass this one up for the price in the auction

BACFMFrags2009-5.jpg

And 2 chalices I picked up from Richard (wishingtobeoutside) in a trade

BACFMFrags2009-3.jpg

BACFMFrags2009-4.jpg

Nice pick ups, Bryan.

Took home: Paletta lovelli, Atlantis mirabilis, Karl's candlelight, and Pink Sand Dollar monti.

We had a great time at event. We came back with cooler full corals (11) We won two raffles (Flower Petal Polyp Montipora and Pink Elephant Palythoa). Yes we took Tony's advice only use cash and kept our CC in the wallet. You could easly spent many $$$$. Thanks to the organizers. As soon as we get them all located in their respective tanks we will post pictures.

Bryan we really enjoyed the slide show it was very well put together and was very informative.

Mike and Diane Ray

Back