Neptune Aquatics

Bad news 20g H is leaking / Good news NEW TANK

I've been trying to find a 20- 40 gallon that'll replace my 20g H. I want to get a 36L X 12H X 12 W or at least something close by a couple inches. Any ideas where to go? Also is a glass THAT much clearer?

3'x1x1 is a 30g IIRC. Not sure where to find them locally. Gresh/Tuberider might know though. You look into 40g breeders? I think they're like 3'x18"x12" high.

If you need something right now, I have an old 20g high sitting on the side of my house. It's glass, drilled on one short side. Can borrow it if you need. Located in Sunnyvale.

What's IIRC? I've looked in to a 40 G breeder but couldn't find any.

I appreciate the offer. I might have to take you up on it.

Bryant

normal flaot glass is not that much clearer, in fact, it's less clear then acrylic. Not sure about low iron compared to acrylic but I would assume acrylic beats it.

Standard 30g's shouldn't be hard to find at all, but they are not 3' but rather 30" IIRC. I can measure my old one when I get out to the junk pile :lol:

I found out what IIRC means... haha.

Well I've been trying to find one with a built in overflow and holes pre-drilled. I think that's why I'm having such a hard time. I dont have any tools and I live in the city so that sucks.

Bryant

Several stores will cut the hole for you (for money of course) and you can purchase overflow boxes online, or have one build for yourself.

What stores are you guys going to where they do all this stuff!? I'm just used to 6th St aquarium and flowers now that Ocean treasures is closed.

I hear Aquatic Central does tank drilling, and he's a BAR sponsor unlike 6th Ave.

Goose- I'll be out of town til tmrw night, and gone most of the days until Fri, but PM if you want my address and you can go pick up the tank if you'd like.

I've purchased a couple internal overflow boxes from glass-holes.com. they're not the only source but i liked what I got from them and install was pretty easy.

I've wondered about them, so you like them? How much water do you pass through them?

As an update I found a new tank 36x24x12. Only left now is getting some tek lights and a eheim 1262 then I should be good to go. For some reason they have the inlets drilled on the top instead of the back which is kinda weird to me.

GreshamH said:
I've wondered about them, so you like them? How much water do you pass through them?

I don't know exactly, so what follows is unscientific. What I do know is I have an Eheim 1262 going to 3 return lines, 1 for the frag tank, all lines rise about 5'. I'd say about 40% of the water goes to the frag tank return with the glass-holes overflow. I would estimate the overflow could take up to about 60-70% of the Eheim 1262 water. Noise is not bad but still noticeable, I had to add a flat piece to lessen noise. To get an accurate # the glass-holes website rates their overflows which is better than my guesstimates. I will vouch for their workmanship- even if it's a guy out of his garage- the overflows are professional and everything fits very well.

Back