Neptune Aquatics

Bad snail?

Found this in the tank earlier this morning. The shell almost looks like half of a mussel. Does anyone know if they are harmful to reef tanks? Should I pull it out or is this type of snail simply another part of the cleanup crew? Thanks!

DPP_0001-1.jpg

DPP_0002-1.jpg

Its a stomatella snail there great CUC. I used to have alot before I picked up an angel who nips them. Keep him! Also Durtbear I noticed you are also a fan of the "Jahvid Best" do you go to any Cal games? I usually go to all home games this season it was hard to do.

I've got A LOT of those guys. Got it as a hitch hiker from something. They reproduce like crazy. At night you'll see them all over your rocks and glass. Great CUC.

Thanks guys! I've been finding some interesting new animals over the last couple months including this snail and what look like giant asternina starfish. Probably has something to do with me not having anymore wrasses.

Yeah, I'm a Cal alum and go to all the games (including a few away games a year). This year was certainly a tough year and unless one of the young QB's play well next year, 2011 could be a painful year as well. But I know they'll right the ship. Our recruiting has picked up this year even though we had a losing season. Cal picked up 4 big time recruits last weekend and made some coaching changes.

Back