Jestersix

Bad weekend :((

Left to go to Folsom for the weekend. Come home last night and alot of my sps have dying tissue, some are complete skeletons. 1 sunburst missing, clam looking crappy. LPS look pissed but looks like they will make it, They were just shriveled up real bad.....hopefully they look better when i get home. I thought I had everything in check before I left. Had fans runnings and A/C temp set to 77. Turns out my girl turned everything off as I was packing the truck. Out of habit, we usually turn off everything to save electricty unless I tell her to leave certains things on for the tank. I guess I didnt tell her to leave the fans and ac on from my mind being all over the place. I dont blame her but damn this sucks ass! I had just started to get everything growing at a steady pace, havent added anything new for a while because I been busy with school and also been having some health issues. nothing serious. (atleast for the moment). I just got a sense of being overwhelmed last nite and decided maybe its best I take a break from the hobby for now.

I needed to vent.....sorry.

Keep an eye out as everything I got from dbtc I will be adding back to the club. (atleast the stuff that made it).

will also be selling of some livestock and then equipment later. I'll be keeping some equipment for my next project which i will have to postpone but I may end up selling off my new tank as well.

This really sucks, I planned on taking a break last summer when i had my first crash but decided to keep at it and get everything back to health which I did, but a second time is just something I cant handle. i'm hoping its just something that we all go thru...needing a break from the hobby that is. oh well, sorry for the long bitching....

Damn...really sorry to hear that. Hopefully a few days of separation from the actual incident will give you a renewed sense of motivation to keep going. But if not, there are plenty of members here including myself that are willing to help you in the future if you decide to come back!

Thanks for the support guys, just glad to know that I can rely on a great group of people to help me better prepare next time to avoid this kind of mistake. I know for sure tho that It's time and I also know for sure that I will not stay away complety. I love this hobby too much but that also makes it that much more painfull to see your hard work gone and just within days....

John, this is my current tank. I havent set up my new one yet, I just been leak testing it since i got it. Will be storing it with my other equipment for the time I decide to come back. I may decide to get rid of everything altogether but We'll see how it all goes.

Hopefully, you'll only lose a couple corals even if it looks REALLY bad at first. I've almost tossed acros that were affected by a failure only to see them come back with a vengeance after several weeks of nursing. Some or most of what you do lose may be able to be replaced by BAR members We'll all work together to get you back up and running if that is what you wish. We're hoping that after a little period of coming to terms with the loss, you'll regain your enthusiasm. 0:)

Sorry to hear about the tank. I think a lot of us can relate to crashes we've had for a whole variety of reasons. Hope you return soon.

I had a crash one time because the heater was left on and I did not have anything to remind me of the temperature. I was so sad. I would love to help you start your tank back up.

I like to think of the shop as the final backup (but hopefully not resting place LOL) for many BAR lineages. Considering the situation, when you're ready, come in and you're welcome to snag some of the 'BAR standards' (all weeds now! what a great club!) free.

Thank you all again for the encouraging words...I know I will definately "relapse" into this addiction! :) I owe alot to the club for all the info learned here and to all you cool folks offering to replace lost livestock... I wouldnt wanna be in any other club! Will be updating my DBTC hopefully by this weekend. Sucks having classes 4 nights a week...really takes up alot of my free time so bare with me if I take long to reply to messages.

Damn, sorry to hear man. Hope you enjoyed your trip to Folsom though!

I just started reefin', and all the "passion" I'm feeling now, I can only imagine how it feels later down the road...and especially having to get out of the hobby... temporarily at least!

screebo said:
Hopefully, you'll only lose a couple corals even if it looks REALLY bad at first. I've almost tossed acros that were affected by a failure only to see them come back with a vengeance after several weeks of nursing. Some or most of what you do lose may be able to be replaced by BAR members We'll all work together to get you back up and running if that is what you wish. We're hoping that after a little period of coming to terms with the loss, you'll regain your enthusiasm. 0:)

Well, its been a minute.....Just got back from vacation and surviving corals look like they are making a come back. Sofites and LPS looking great! Lost alot of sps, but im really bummed about my tri color that was one of the most colorful corals I had. Some of the lost are green/blue tip stag, deep water acro (one of my fav pieces too) false aqua delight, surf n turf, hammer coral, rainbow monti, sunset monti, maxima clam, pink poodle zoas and forget a couple more. Red planet, green milli, blue milli and i forget the names of the other survivors but they seem to be coloring back up. suprisingly, my miami orchid seems to be thriving......Huge growth since last month! Its incrusting on the back wall along with my purple rim cap.

You were right John, A couple pieces that were completly bleached are getting some color back!

Swap is this weekend. I know for a fact that some of those pieces will be on the tables. Just something to consider.

Someone (me) might even be willing to sponsor you for your 3 coral entry to get in if you don't have anything because of your mishap.

Thank you for the offer Bryan, very genorous of you. Unfortunatly Its the same weekend of my grandmothers viewing. even if i could have made it I probably would hold off on putting anything new in untill things get really stable, hoipefully couple more weeks and I can stock again. This would have been a great time tho to get some dbtc back in the program. Gonna get some back in the club before school starts again at the end of the month.

Hey John, maybe next swap bud. Hows your tank doing?

Back