badbreads (jay's) wanna be a big tank but rent so i have a 14g tank thread

Discussion in 'Tank Journals' started by badbread, Aug 25, 2008.

1. bluenassarius

bluenassarius Guest

nice pics jay

2. nanocube-guy

nanocube-guy Guest

What kind of Zoanthid are these? I They look awesome. Any for give or sale?

3. nanocube-guy

nanocube-guy Guest

Wow, very nice set up you have man. I got a few question,

How do you clean the refugium chamber if algae built up from the PC lighting in the back?
    I love your Colt coral, was it hard to nursery them?
    What kind of moonlight do you have?

4. badbread

badbread Guest

it's weird but algae has not been building up where the light is behind the psuedo refugium, there is some coralline and I just scrape it off every once in a while with a pair of aquariums tweezers.

I gave the colt coral away to Euphyllia a while ago. I believe he has(d) a piece available.

Moonlights are built into the sunpod.

5. Euphyllia

Euphyllia Guest

I have the colt coral still. I fragged it to where the original piece and the frag are the same size, and they are about 2" or more high and 2" or more across when fully opened. I made 4 smaller frags of one of the frags and two of them grew onto a rock, one I gave away, and the other was on a rock which got taken over by hair algae and I had to throw away the rock since the hair algae wouldn't go away at all. But right now my aquarium is having a VERY tough time with hair algae which I wish I could get rid of and I don't want to distribute any corals with hair algae on their rock/frag plug. Only one of the big frags of colt coral has some growing on its rock, but I don't want to take chances with infecting anybody else's tank so It might be available at the June meeting if everything is going well.

6. nanocube-guy

nanocube-guy Guest

That's great to hear that you don't have any problem with algae in the back because I did. What do you use to prevent the chaets coming in to the return chamber?