BAR app?

Discussion in 'Website' started by costa510, Dec 31, 2010.

1. Mr. Ugly

Mr. Ugly Past President

Wait... we don't need to keep the punch cards anymore then??

2. tuberider

tuberider Guest

Norm, the Babbage Engine broke down a while ago...

3. northbay-reefer

northbay-reefer Honorary Member

YES :D

Unless his name is Norman then NO
    :D

4. northbay-reefer

northbay-reefer Honorary Member

Not the way you shuffle them like a deck of playing cards before feeding them back into the card reader :D

5. pixelpixi

pixelpixi Guest

I have to admit, that's pretty much the hardware dreamhost had us on. ;-)

6. anathema

anathema Supporting Member

Oh crap, it ate the tape now our posts are all scrambled.

7. seminolecpa

seminolecpa Past President

Like the whopper (WOPR) from War Games [showing his age]....... want to make a post?

8. Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed Guest

Thermo-Nuclear War

9. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

I felt the same until last night when I downloaded Tapatalk. Now all sites that support it I will be only using tapatalk on my phone to access them. To bad Drupal is not supported by tapatalk.

10. h20player101

h20player101 Guest

The advantage of push notifications, and like GreshamH said, having all of your sites in one bundle are very nice. Also, because the whole app is formatted for phones, load times are better. This all assumes that you are slightly deranged (myself included) and need to be able to access everything, all the time, everywhere.

11. seminolecpa

seminolecpa Past President

You know, we are totally willing to accept help from people that might be interested in making this happen. All you have to do is raise your hand. Erin does a bang up job with the forum but to say she has a lot to keep up with is an understatement.

12. h20player101

h20player101 Guest

From what I have heard, it is unrealistic to expect anyone from doing it. Basically a full time job working out bugs, which you have to check for each update to each phones software, and/or tapatalk. What is done here at this site is amazing, simply for the fact that there is no paid staff working to keep it as clear and concise as possible. I would rather have the site remain the same, then a half-hearted attempt to implement a new technology by someone that can not devote full time effort, at significant cost.

13. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

The only way I ever see us with it is if Tapatalk gets Drupal support. Tapatalk is easy to implement... making Apps is not easy. I got quotes for simple ones ranging from $1K to $20K ea (per platform).

14. Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed Guest

Sorry as the Treasurer I can say that this is not in the budget for the next year..

15. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

Yup no doubt. I would have major objections to the club blowing that kind of money.

Tapatalk is free to install... just a few lines of code.

16. screebo

screebo Guest

Pretty funny, Matthew! I get a kick out of you calling Norm on his estimated iphone cost. hehehe. My iphone 4 cost $200 too! lol. I just knew that someday Matthew would start keeping us all honest.............
    I want to see a Skype ap that will support the video conferencing that the iphone is capable of. I'm not real fond of Facetime since it only supports other iphone 4's. The good news is that I can Facetime with at least Jess and David! :bigsmile:

17. zepplock

zepplock Guest

I'll give you a discount, $19,999 ;-)

18. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

You code Apps? Which platform?

19. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

While you paid 200 it actually tryly costs a lot more. Go to Apples store and look at the disclaimer on the price...

20. screebo

screebo Guest

Gosh, I doubt anyone has paid the retail price for their iphone. They just want you to feel better about spending the 200 bucks. ;)