Neptune Aquatics

BAR Frag Tank For BAYMAC

BAR will be selling corals at the BAR table... and we are enthusiastically asking for you, and other newer members, to bring corals for the club to sell.
This year we are doing the frags sales thing a little different. You see, we hear from newer members that it is hard to bring corals to swaps because "the good stuff" hasn't grown out and they don't think members are interested in their zoas, softies, etc. Meanwhile those corals keep growing well.

Well here it is! BAYMAC is a great chance to prop those corals for the benefit of the club!

We need to see 200 frags at this event!

That means we need everyone to step up with 4-5 frags - especially zoas, softies, and LPS. (though SPS are welcome too)

... and now is the perfect time to get started cutting!

hmmm about 3 weeks until the event, looks like its time to make my tank ugly with a coral frag rack again :D

has there been mention of a pricing scheme? Similar to last year?

sfsuphysics said:
hmmm about 3 weeks until the event, looks like its time to make my tank ugly with a coral frag rack again :D

has there been mention of a pricing scheme? Similar to last year?
Thats the plan. Worked well last year for us.

Don't be shy folks. We are going to have sore really nice lights to showcase the clubs coral courtest of our new sponsor Kessil lighting.

If you can please try to put together a list of what you are bringing (even if it is rough) and perhaps the numbers of corals and when you are planning on arriving so we can plan accordingly.

I am planning on bringing a mishmash of LSP and SPS probably about 40-50 frags in all and will be there for setup.

I will be bringing:

1 or 2 pcs of each:
Superman's Hyperbole Mini-Anthelia :D
Sympodium
Plating monti
Green Nepthea

I will arrive as early as possible, I've already put in the request for early AM work so I can be done by the time the event starts, hopefully everything works out and it's a slow day at work. Is anyone interested in picking up my corals the day before in case I get called in? Or the week before? Let me know if anyone is willing to do that, being on call makes it hard to commit, and I'm sorry for that but now is not the time to complain about having a job. :)

I'll bring frags of:
1 green birdsnest
2 small branching green hammer
1 green torch
2 plugs of GSP
2 plugs of pulsing Xenia(more if needed)

I'll be there before 8am.

I'll be there about 10;30 and bring:
4 zoas (AOGs, RPEs, 2 different green ones)
4 encrusting montis; pokerstar, purple haze, true undata, banana
2 softies; clove polyps & anthellia bush

I will be there at set up and will be bringing around 30-40 frags of SPS. Tenuis, staghorn, encrusting montis and what ever else I can frag up in time.

PS. Now is the time to frag these corals not the day before.

Where are you going to store 30-40 frags? Ha!

I just hacked a few square inches of rainbow monti so I'll bring some of those, got some stylos, bring some m. cap, I'll dig around ;)

houser said:
Where are you going to store 30-40 frags? Ha!

I just hacked a few square inches of rainbow monti so I'll bring some of those, got some stylos, bring some m. cap, I'll dig around ;)
Still trying to figure that out.

I am happy to donate 4-5 larger Pink Sandollar montipora frags I made for the last event, I missed that one because I had the date wrong. these frags have been growing steadily since then, hehehehe.

wow blast from the past! :D

Believe you also donated some pink jade, 2 years ago? still got that one in the tank, granted more than frag sized now.

Back