Kessil

BAR meeting June 6th featuring Gen Watanabe of Kritter Products

Come learn the ins and outs of acrylic care and fabrication from master tank builder Gen Watanabe on June 6th 1:00 @ Chabot College http://tinyurl.com/b3j8nk/

Subjects include-

scratch removal
acrylic bonding and adhesives
how to navigate Tap Plastic
crazing what is it, its causes and how to avoid it
basic tank design, including modern bracing and braceless tanks

and of course your questions will be answered in detail

Bear in mind that this meeting does not fall on your typical second Saturday of the month that most BAR meetings are scheduled on to accommodate
BAYMAC thebaymac.com on June 13th.

Donations for the raffle include:
Four 25 dollar gift certificates from Aquatic Showroom
Coral frags from Ocean Treasures
Coral frags from Aquatic Collection
More to come...

You guys can pry his hands all you want. I'll be the one running in the other direction w/the tank. :D

Definitely looking forward to the presentation.

I'm so bummed... I was looking forward to this talk when it was first brought up at the BOD a big ago..but now I will be "unavailable" at that time. Wonder if we can get it recorded like the last talk :p

Jeremy....I am going to try to attend this meeting....will be my first. Is this something only BAR members can attend or can I bring a guest? Is the meeting spot at the link you provided on Google Maps?

Meetings are open to everyone.

The link Jeremy provided is the address for Chabot. The spot marked is the preferred entrance for the parking lot. The meeting will be located in room next to the cafeteria, which is the white roofed building across the plaza from the swimming pool.

I'm gonna try to make it, I would love to learn more about working acrylic, I can use all the help I can get. Got a lot going on in June, Baymac and a meeting its gonna cost with the wife going shopping $) while I'm reefing

nanocube-boy said:
How long this meeting takes progress? Can you guys post up the progress time for each meeting and events?

The start time is always 1:00, the length of the meeting depends on the length of the presentation and the Q&A period. I could easily see the meeting going until at least 3:00.

3pm at least :) Unless BAR set's a QA time limit, or a presentation time limit, no actual time can be given, only ball parks :)

Yeah need to institute a no "how should I build a sump/tank/plant container that is XX gallons in size, with eurobracing/nobracing/crossbracing with internal/external/no overflow that is YY inches high" question rule, and we'll be fine at 3pm... otherwise oh boy..

Yeah, similar to when Dan from PGS did his presentation, there are only so many questions that can be asked about SE 250w halides. Of course if you don't listen than it all sounds new during Q&A :D

Back