Jestersix

Barebottom question

Dont mean to sound like a total newbie again... but I am thinking about going bare bottom this time and wanted to know if you just rest the rock right on the tank acrylic or do you use a buffer ( egg crate or something) I dont want to damage the tank

Pls help

Cheers

i laid a thin sheet of acrylic on the bottom of my tank to help diffuse the weight off the glass. i would think that would have the same effect on acrylic. lots of people (i think jason "eight") use starboard to line the bottom -it makes it look like there's sand on the bottom.

btw, BB is the way to go!

Acrylic and mine is directly on the bottom. I set up the rock so I have space for a magnet scraper. Should have saved more space from the rock to the sides. Hands are too clunky.

I say this because I siphon the weekly water change water, from the bottom. I left a good gap in the center of my stack of rock, but not enough to get around under the rocks as I would like. I would not use flat rocks on the bottom layer. Try to make legs to give you space under the rocks.

You should like how the bottom covers in coraline.

might be a bit hard to put starboard in acrylic tanks, i know the openings on the top are sometimes small, especially with truvu tanks. It looks nice when the starboard is just one big piece instead of 2-4 pieces.

Back