Our mission

BAYMAC (May 8th) - what frags are you bringing?

cwolfus

Past President
Tumbleweed was right, let's start a new thread for this... the other BAYMAC thread...

cwolfus said:
Yes, BAR will be selling corals at the BAR table... and we are enthusiastically asking for you, and other newer members, to bring corals for the club to sell.

This year we are doing the frags sales thing a little different. You see, we hear from newer members that it is hard to bring corals to swaps because "the good stuff" hasn't grown out and they don't think members are interested in their zoas, softies, etc. Meanwhile those corals keep growing well. We have all been there. We understand. So the BOD has been looking for a way to support that while empowering ALL members to support the club.

Well here it is! BAYMAC is a great chance to prop those corals for the benefit of the club!

We need to see 200 frags at this event and we're not expecting much from Jeremy, Sergio, Ian, Bryan, and the others who compete to bring as many corals as possible.

That means we need everyone to step up with 4-5 frags - especially zoas, softies, and LPS. (though SPS are welcome too)

... and now is the perfect time to get started cutting!

Link, thanks for offering to bring coral. Who else can bring a few corals for BAR? And what are you bringing?

C

So what are you bringing?

Since you guys said we could bring some common stuff gonna frag out some common stuff from my tank. Still waiting on my nice stuff to grow out a bit before I can start trimming it.

Green Zoas
Blue Tub Zoas
Green Star Polyps
Green Birds Nest SPS

SoulFish said:
Since you guys said we could bring some common stuff gonna frag out some common stuff from my tank.

Green Zoas
Blue Tub Zoas
Green Star Polyps
Green Birds Nest SPS

Perfect!

But, I sure hope BrYan doesn't snag that BN before every else gets a shot! :D

Thanks for the encouragement. I'm one of those newbies with a tank full of softies that i feel that no one would want any of my stuff.
I'm hoping to bring green star polyp, tons of kenya trees (1 inch size), a few purple mushrooms (if i manage to frag it), and brown paly.

So, donation frag should show up at 9:30am during setup time? Hmm...tricky.

I have some stuff to donate if someone can bring it for me. Unfortunately, I have to go to my buddy's son's 1st bday party. Let me know if you have some room in your tank to hold some stuff to bring to BAYMAC. Thanks!

I'm constantly trimming the following, so will see about getting some stuck to plugs before baymac:

Xenia
Umi Xenia
Pink mushrooms
Green Polyp birdsnest
Yellow/green acro thing
Pink/Purple birdsnest
Endless "freebie" zoa frags that online vendors insist on sending...

Here's at least 3 frags I'll bring, since I noticed its shading my Tyree Tricolor... I should just move the tricolor as Norm's prostrada will probably end up shading the entire tank.

baymacfrag.jpg

I will not be able to get there until about 12:30. Should I just bring my frags then?
I am still looking at what I can bring. So far looking at:
-Orange Monti Cap
-Monti Cap I bought last year as a Leng Sy Cap
-Bright Green Cap with purple edge
-Valida (Purple with green polyps)
-Small red planet
-Orange Ricordia if I can get them out
-I have a ton of Xenia I would love to give away, but notice this is already posted. Should I bring some?

Thanks
Nick

I'll bring one farg of each of the following:
moonwalker chalice
pink lemonade acro
red meteor shower
purple haze monte
red micromussa
miami hurricane chalice

Also for everyone else who had volunteered to bring frags, if you can please give us a general idea of when you might be dropping them off it would be very helpful.

We want to make sure we actually have something in the tank come opening time and also be able to plan to ensure we have room when the corals are dropped off.

xinumaster said:
I see. I thought it was the same as last year. I hope other clubs and lfs will bring nice corals for xtreme collectors to pick. :D
Neptune should have a cherry LPS shipment that will be ready for BAYMAC.:bigsmile:

Back