Jestersix

best place to get best price radium 250w 20k bulb?

[quote author=bluenassarius link=topic=6706.msg86566#msg86566 date=1236278588]
LMAO

$161 radium bulb..

http://www.customaquatic.com/estore/control/product/~product=LT-RD25020
[/quote]

The company is run by Circuit City's executives Sam ;D :D..

[quote author=seminolecpa link=topic=6706.msg86645#msg86645 date=1236295483]
It is not whether or not I can tell the difference it is whether or not my corals can tell the difference :)
[/quote]

Hmmmm.... Jeff JKreefer has been running his for 6 months or more (I'd have to ask him) on his 210 and everythings popping the same like the radiums. Mike Sulcata is setting his new setup and running them. And Tom Northbay reefer has switched for his 210. Plus seeing it first hand has made me switch. Its been going on two weeks since out group buy and I want to say 10 individuals got a set so, I guess you can post a thread on northcoast reefers forum to get peoples reaction first hand. (Bryan I listed those names cause I know you've seen their tanks first hand and know who they are :) )

[quote author=bluenassarius link=topic=6706.msg86648#msg86648 date=1236296589]
how much was the bulbs island? i'm still gonna get a radium bc its proven :) how long have you guys run the evc? any color shifts to be aware of?
[/quote]

Almost half the cost.... I ran radiums for the last 3-4 years and would never switch since nothing came close to them. After seeing these I can vouch their the closest hands down.

http://reefscience.com/web/lighting.php

Jason

Yep all good tanks, but I am not sure (even though I know those guys know what they are doing) that I would be willing to switch bubls based on a mear $16 per bulb difference [$55 vs $71] without a bunch of data.

Has Sanjay evaluated the bulbs par etc yet?

[quote author=seminolecpa link=topic=6706.msg86668#msg86668 date=1236302151]
Yep all good tanks, but I am not sure (even though I know those guys know what they are doing) that I would be willing to switch bubls based on a mear $16 per bulb difference [$55 vs $71] without a bunch of data.

Has Sanjay evaluated the bulbs par etc yet?
[/quote]

I can see the price diffrence isn't that great but if there are 20 bulbs purchased we got a $45.00 per bulb deal. As far as testing I think a standard Lux meter should be as much evidence needed. I wonder if anyone in our club has one? If so I'd love to show the data produced. I've seen Sanjay's bulb comparision but didn't read the equipment used to get the data? Was it more sophisticated than just a lux meter, if so what was it? Just interesting on how far we can break down the light frequency of a given bulb. Anyways, if you have that info please post a link. Thanks

***I can see money not being that much of a factor when its careing for corals that are worth 20-50x the amount of a single bulb. But at the same time I feel spending that amount of money on EVC and having your old radiums at hand can maybe save alot of money in the long run. You guys have a group buy and you spend $90.00 and find out they do great with the corals. You run 3 bulbs on the tank save $75 two times a year $150, you'll be in the hobby for the next 20 years thats $3,000.00 dollars. ha,ha,ha****

Hey Brian,

I've been running the evc's for about 11 months. They must be doing something right, because people get weird dropped jaw syndrome (wdjs) when they see my colors. I organized the group buy for our club. It actually started as me wanting to get another set of bulbs because mine were about due up, and just wanted to give anyone the oppotunity to piggyback my order. After 4-5 people wanted to order I asked Chad @ Reefscience if he would give us a group discound and he was more than happy to. It was more than 10 bulbs to get the $45 price. He personnaly told me that he would extend the same offer to any other club. He was great to work with, And the order went flawless, I think we ended up with about 15 bulbs and everyone just came to my house and picked them up. And Yes, Sanjay has tested these bulbs, you can ask Chad for that info when you speak to him. He also responds to e-mails suprisingly fast! FWIW, I was running radiums for the past year before that, and am more than happy with the EVC's. And don't ask for pics, because I cant get a color other than blue out of my pictures (i suck at camera skills).

Here's Sanjays results against the XM, Radiums, Hamiltons, and Phenix
http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1053666&highlight=EVC+bulbs

Sam,

Just made the switch this evening: http://www.reefs.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=83289&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=180

[quote author=xinumaster link=topic=6706.msg86874#msg86874 date=1236441922]
how good is this evc on icecap ballast?
[/quote]

Ice cap is what I'm runnig them on with no problems.

[quote author=jkreefer link=topic=6706.msg87027#msg87027 date=1236542282]
[quote author=xinumaster link=topic=6706.msg86874#msg86874 date=1236441922]
how good is this evc on icecap ballast?
[/quote]

Ice cap is what I'm runnig them on with no problems.

[/quote]

+1

[quote author=xinumaster link=topic=6706.msg87030#msg87030 date=1236543630]
My bulbs are due for replacement in june. Group buy anyone?
[/quote]

I would be interested to get some 400w 20k Radium.

BTW, just curious. Does Radium make DE bulbs?

Back