Our mission

Best water storage container prices

Scarbird

Supporting Member
I am looking to move my ro/di to an abandoned water heater closet near the aquarium.
I will need two tanks with removable lids for the addition of pumps and mixing salt etc...
I'd say about 30 gallons or more would be appropriate but the limiting dimension is a 19" door opening.
Any input on where to buy reasonably priced containers locally?

There is a thread on RC about this. The favorite place, not local unfortunately, is ruralking.com.

Here is a link to their 25G. vertical tank.
http://www.ruralking.com/ace-roto-mold-25-gallon-vertical-dome-top-tank-vt0025-18.html

They advertise free shipping on orders over $99.

I'm not sure the dimensions they give are accurate. I've checked other sites that I trust more for accurate sizing.

---Edit---
This got me motivated to look up the manufacturer of the tanks. I think I found them, Den Hartog Industries, Inc. At their site they list a 25G being 18x30 (dome top). This works out to about 33G. Since it's domed and I'm using outside dimensions, it sounds like a good estimate for 25G. Sorry for the TMI post! :)

I have one of these for RODI storage and it works well. The one downside is that they are in no way stackable. There is another type that is stackable but more expensive.

Crabby had a source for these that he like and has previously done group buys. Maybe it's time for another.

Thanks for the info. I checked the website, and the one I really like is
Ace Roto Mold 55 Gallon Vertical Dome Top VT0055-20
This unit is 47" tall and 20" in diameter. I can just squeeze it in the closet by removing the trim on either side.
I'll need one for RO / DI and another for saltwater.
I have plenty of time if a group buy is to be organized.

Back