High Tide Aquatics

Black bugs

Blaise006

Supporting Member
I have one sps frag (about 3 weeks old) and it refuses to extend its polyps. I don’t see any signs of AEFW or red bugs. I’ve dipped it once a week to no avail.

Does anyone know how to identify if it’s black bugs? I’m not certain what’s bothering it.

Solutions if it is black bugs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have one sps frag (about 3 weeks old) and it refuses to extend its polyps. I don’t see any signs of AEFW or red bugs. I’ve dipped it once a week to no avail.

Does anyone know how to identify if it’s black bugs? I’m not certain what’s bothering it.

Solutions if it is black bugs?

Does it extend when lights are off?

What frag is it I meant?

IMG_3729.jpg

A recent acro I got from AquaSD.

f41cfc030f2d71d69fdfdea589f66512.jpg

I set this up real quick. Maybe it will get enough residual light to qt the frags for a couple days?

Maybe use a Bayer dip?

Just floating some ideas. I’m not familiar with Bayer dips and a bit worried it would kill my inverts if any from the frag made it to the tank.

I have two SPS frags that do the same thing. They have not shown me a single polyp in months, but they are encrusting and growing coralites. One was a freebie from BC that I accidentally broke in half. It grows and has really nice colors but no polyps ever come out.

Back