Blue clove polyps

Discussion in 'DBTC - Softies' started by saltwatersig, Mar 13, 2009.

statistics
No Transactions
None
Please email your web administrator with a link to this thread if you want to add this thread to the DBTC database!!
  1. saltwatersig

saltwatersig Volunteer

only 1 avail for BOD meeting, standard DBTC rules apply. pick #1-10

[​IMG]

2. Lyn

Lyn Guest

I'll pick....#5 :)

Am I the only one?

3. saltwatersig

saltwatersig Volunteer

you got it Sherrie

4. Lyn

Lyn Guest

Thank you Sergio! :D

5. Lyn

Lyn Guest

what kind of light and flow?

6. saltwatersig

saltwatersig Volunteer

I had them at the bottom on the sand even, so low light/med light should work, they did'nt mind high flow but will be ok in low/med as well.

Sergio

7. Lyn

Lyn Guest

Ok, great!

8. Blue Clove Polyps are running a muck all over my tank. I have a maxi jet covered with them which looks pretty cool!
    Once they get going you will have blue rocks!

9. Lyn

Lyn Guest

[quote author=Ocean Treasures Aquarium link=topic=6839.msg88446#msg88446 date=1237012696]
    Blue Clove Polyps are running a muck all over my tank. I have a maxi jet covered with them which looks pretty cool!
    Once they get going you will have blue rocks!
    [/quote]

Cool...so they are fast growing, huh? Are they as invasive as GSP? I like GSP btw. :) What other corals are they related to?

10. glee

glee Guest

they grew fast in my tank. as a matter of fact, i bought a 10 frag from ota a couple years ago. they don't sting zoas, not sure about other corals.

11. Lyn

Lyn Guest

So they are pretty benign then...That is good, :)

12. Mine have grown so well the past 4 years that they are right along many of my SPS and they do not sting any of them. They just get annoying when you need to make room for other items.

13. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

[quote author=Lyn link=topic=6839.msg88448#msg88448 date=1237012939]
    Cool...so they are fast growing, huh? Are they as invasive as GSP? I like GSP btw. :)
    [/quote]

They're more invasive! Because with GSP that grows outward from it's location, with these blue polyps they'll pop up at random places around the tank, I'm not sure if some of the polyps detatch or if they actually just breed into the water column, but I have them popping up on just about every surface.

14. mike,

lol no kidding. when i saw em at atlantis aquarium and they were growing all over the eggcrates

15. I should of taken a picture of my MJ1200 that was completely covered in them!

16. Lyn

Lyn Guest

LOL ;) No wonder no one else asked for them. :D I still like them though...but ask me again in a couple months ;)

Sergio, what is the dark encrusting coral on the rock with the polyps?

17. fishnfst

fishnfst Guest

Yes they are invasive. They will start showing up all over the place :) I had a dbtc for them long time ago. hahaha THey were hot back then though. Still very cool... Good Luck with them Sherrie...

18. Lyn

Lyn Guest

[quote author=fishnfst link=topic=6839.msg88647#msg88647 date=1237098538]
    Yes they are invasive. They will start showing up all over the place :) I had a dbtc for them long time ago. hahaha THey were hot back then though. Still very cool... Good Luck with them Sherrie...
    [/quote]

Thanks...I think? ;D

19. saltwatersig

saltwatersig Volunteer

I forgot about those, Its parts of my reddish milli base that came off with the frag. As you can see they did not fight against each other.

Sergio

20. Lyn

Lyn Guest

Very cool...Will it do alright in med light, or should I cut it off and put it in with my MH?

The color right now is almost black/red, will it change color?