Cali Kid Corals

Bryopsis experience

Anyone want to play around with bryopsis to get experience. I have a 3-4” disk with 150-200 polyps of purple hornet zoa but it also have good amount of bryopsis. If you can treat bryopsis you can have it.

Attachments

• A951300E-75C3-40F4-9488-4BA55BB62A44.jpeg
    A951300E-75C3-40F4-9488-4BA55BB62A44.jpeg
    94.7 KB · Views: 149
I have lots of bryopsis experience! You can play with magnesium by slowly raising till it is above 1500 which can help, or pick off with algae eaters or by hand. I would take it except I am trying to get rid of zoa colonies right now to clear up space in my tank.

I didn't know much about it, so I started reading, here is a good article. Apparently when done right, everything but the bryposis is unaffected. I have no experience with fluconazole and also have bryopsis in my tank. So I might be trying this soon. It sounds like it is the miracle cure that has no downside. Any more experienced people care to chime in on any negatives?

I’ve used fluconazole to get rid of bryopsis successfully. No downsides.

My notes from my research reading up the details (and what I did):

20 mg/gallon (1 capsule per 10 gallons)

Water change before treatment
Manually remove as much as possible
Remove from capsule
Pre-dissolve in water, add to tank or sump
1-time dose

Carbon reactor off for 14 days
Skimmer on with cup off for 7-14 days
UV left on or off

30% water change in 14 days

No effect on chaeto, fish, inverts

I didn't know much about it, so I started reading, here is a good article. Apparently when done right, everything but the bryposis is unaffected. I have no experience with fluconazole and also have bryopsis in my tank. So I might be trying this soon. It sounds like it is the miracle cure that has no downside. Any more experienced people care to chime in on any negatives?
I have some left if you want to give it a shot

Back