High Tide Aquatics

bubbles

So are micro bubbles bad for our tanks? If so, why?
Now that my tank no longer has a filter sock, I do notice more micro bubbles in the tank ... not enough to bother me though [yet?]. Is there anything I can do to stop the micro bubbles from coming up if they become a nuisance?

I ceased usage of filter socks, so bubbles are getting sucked up the return, and thrown into the tank. The bubbles themselves are caused from water from the overflow drain entering the sump. The outlet of the overflow drain is already below the surface of the water level in the sump too. It's not horrible, but they are there. It doesn't bother me at this point, but should that situation arise, I would like to know how to deal with it.

As I am aware.... we don't get micro bubbles because we can see them, they are just small bubbles. Reefs are used to being bashed around and have more bubbles in spots than we will ever have in a tank. So most times it won't bother anything. I think the only problem is if you have places where the bubbles can accumulate and you end up with large stagnant spots that can cause bad chemistry.

Back