Reef nutrition

Business advertising

Hi all so a few months ago I started a mobile pet service. Business is good and I am very happy with how we are growing but I am always looking for more. As of now we advertise in a few news papers some bulletins and craigslist. We also put up flyers and cards at local vets and pet stores. I am looking to see what anyone here uses to advertise for their business. What works what's doesn't for you and if you have any ideas of where I can advertise more preferably for free as that really has drummed us up the most business. thanks all

100% referrals here, no business cards, flyers, CL ads. You wind up wasting a lot of time dealing with people and not really working.

Good people refer good people to good people is my motto.

Try getting in with a few local pet stores, that's a great place to start getting referrals.

Mobile pet grooming is a wee bit different then aquarium servicing from what I have seen both working with one that we referred people to at the pet store I worked at, and my sister has been doing mobile vaccination clinics for a few years now.

Pet stores are a great way to get business *if* they are not in the business themselves. We were stoked to have a groomer we recommended as well as having the shot clinic hosted at our store.

I'd start with a small flier posted in stores that allow it. Coffee shops in higher end areas are great for getting top dollar grooming accounts, but they also tend to be the people that require the most out of you :( Castro!!!!

tuberider said:
Pet groomers=fish guys

Not in my experience. As a fish guy I never was asked to express an anal gland... if you have customers asking you to do that you need to write a book and sell the movie rights!!!

But seriously, that is not my experience with either field (them being the same). Totally different deals. Far more hidden devils in aquatics, but then again, clip a nail wrong and just watch a owner either faint or try to kill you (screaming bloody murder- the very same person scared to clip their dogs black toe nails).

Well I have definitely seen both sides, fish people are animal people just not always to the same degree. I have lost fish and coral before, some disease, some I should have never been sold in the first place. Difference is losing fish and coral in this hobby is expected to a certain degree especially for a novice, just one of the stigmas. But people don't want to see blood when it comes to their dog or cat some understand most don't. Margin for error is small so we just take extra care and if someone consistently quicks an animal they don't know what their doing in the first place. If you took a random person and showed them a picture of a dogs nail being quicked and a pic of a full size tang in a 25 gallon aquarium and asked them which is worse what do you think they would say?

what about some flyers and visit your local dog park and pass them out that way you can get to interact with the owners and their pets. That way they can also get to know you (put the face with the name).

Back