Reef nutrition

Calcium reactor dial in question

what should the pH controller be set at? I am having a bit of trouble dialing in the reactor. My pH has dropped below 8.0 since the reactor has been installed. It is now at 7.8, and used to be 8.10 to 8.30.. I am looking for a baseline in away and then work my way from there. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

my PH hovers between 7.8 and 8.0. My reactor turns on at 7.9.
I have to add marine buffer and kalk water to keep it above 7.9.
It's getting to be a PITA.

JAR said:
my PH hovers between 7.8 and 8.0. My reactor turns on at 7.9.
I have to add marine buffer and kalk water to keep it above 7.9.
It's getting to be a PITA.

How are the rest of your numbers Jon?

I started dosing Kalk as auto top off, and it's starting to help a little. But I did notice after tweaking the reactor a bit that if I set the reactor pH controller to 6.8 the pH becomes more stable. I have not really figured out why that is, but it is helping the pH stay at a higher level. I am still working on finding the sweet spot, but have not gotten there.

xcaret said:
A second chamber helps on bringing the pH up on the effluent, I think also that adding Kalk helps?

The second chamber really helps as well as letting the effluent drip into your skimmer, anything to bring up the DO levels.

I currently have the effluent dripping just outside the skimmer. Never thought about making it drip inside the skimmer.
Silly question... but how do I connect the effluent to drip into the skimmer?

Back