Reef nutrition

Can anyone ID these corals?

finalphaze987

Supporting Member
So i told a buddy i needed some brighter colors in our tank and he hooked me on on these pieces...The only problem is, niether he or I know exactly what type of acro/monti they are. Anyone wana take a guess?

Purple Acro & Monti
coral004.jpg

Purple table Acro
coral005.jpg

green table Acro
coral003.jpg

Sorry for the crappy pics...TIA

The first and last look like Tongan pieces IMO so maybe Jim will chime in. The 1st purple one is what people call the "Miyagi Tort" I believe.

The first looks like your typical Acropora hoeksemai bali maricultured.

http://shop.1asecure.com/prod.cfm?ProdID=194757&StID=2750

Thanks for the help...The buddy from whom i got them from had some of these pieces in his tank for a while, with an exception to the acro in the first pic. (that one i bought from him, the rest he was generous to give) ..The green tableing one he actually broke off from a HUGE colony he had growing near the surface..a couple tips were in bad condition, but it seems to be doing good over all. Great polyp extension on all.

iani, The link to the hoeksmai looks pretty dead on to the piece, thanks for the ID.

Gresham, I called up my buddy, and he's not really sure where they originated from...but he did say he picked up a couple of the pieces from AG a while back..so for lineage, thats as far back as we can trace it..

He generally buys any type(aquacultured, maricultured) he can find, but im hoping with DBTC we can change that with these pieces..

All these will be future DBTC's, i just didnt know if any of them would qualify as DBTCX or if i should just throw them in with the general population. Either way, they should make good additions.

Yea, the 14ks made everything look real blue, so i tried to take some out...Im thinking the monti is this one:
http://www.vividaquariums.com/10Expand.asp?ProductCode=02-5104-10

I could be wrong tho.

Could be, from the picture it could just as easily be some variation of a superman monti as it make it look like the classic purple body and red polyps but again the polyps could look red from the white balance distortion.

the polyp color on that one is more predominant than what i have here. Ill try to get my buddies SLR and shoot some clean shots. The polyps are also more spaced apart compared to the pic in the link..Im thinking its closer to the purple haze iani was speaking of...once i get the new pics up, we'll be able to get a better ID..Thanks Bryan

Back