Can SPS share colors?

Discussion in 'Coral' started by sendo, Nov 18, 2009.

1. sendo

sendo Guest

I received an unknown blue sps from sergio a while back. It has done very well in my tank and has kept it's blue color. Recently, I picked up a tenuis from neptune that has a white base, blue tips, and neon white coralite rings.

It has been a few months now and the blue sps I got from sergio now has neon white coralite rings, though not as pronounced as the tenuis. Also, one of the new growth branches on the blue sps has a white base.

Is it possible that the colors from the tenuis are now showing up in the blue sps, or am I just staring too hard at my tank?

2. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

http://www.reefbuilders.com/2009/11/04/gfp-infection-radically-alters-stony-corals-green-jacket/

3. hiepatitis

hiepatitis Guest

no way. that's cool.

4. northbay-reefer

northbay-reefer Honorary Member

GFP is a type of coral's hiepatitis :D :D

5. wun68

wun68 Guest

Hep is bad, I would think it's more like getting a tattoo =) Here is a frag that went through a temp spike and almost died. Now this Cali Tort is growing like mad.

Question: If I were to sell frags of this coral, would I call this ORA GFP Cali-Tort?

[​IMG]

6. sendo

sendo Guest

Wow Gresh, how do you find this stuff? Good to know, thought I was going crazy. Though infected doesn't sound like a good word.

7. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

That doesn't look like a typical GFP piece. The entire coral usually doesn't turn another color, that most likely has to do with lighting.