Our mission

can too many pods cause problem?

I think I have too many in my tank. Can they cause any problem?

The little white dots are the pods. My len can't take a clear shot of them.
caulerpapasploides-1.jpg

short answer is yes. long answer is depends on what you are calling "pods". That photo only shows the clown and caulerpa on my little phone screen. try to get a better pic and email it to me at full resolution.

[quote author=Lyn link=topic=6848.msg88665#msg88665 date=1237104255]
I don't think so. Many fish like to eat them! :D
[/quote]
None of my fish eat them. :( .. I know they are good but if there are too many of them, could that be a problem??

[quote author=GreshamH link=topic=6848.msg88667#msg88667 date=1237107724]
short answer is yes. long answer is depends on what you are calling "pods". That photo only shows the clown and caulerpa on my little phone screen. try to get a better pic and email it to me at full resolution.
[/quote]

It will be hard because my len can't focus on the little guy :( ..

They are isopods.
http://melevsreef.com/id/safe_isopod.html

Use a bristle worm trap. That always got them for me. But of course mine was on accident since I had no clue what pods were when I started my 14g. BTW, the bristle worm trap was for the bristle worms which I told were bad by a LFS (not one of our sponsors).

[quote author=Euphyllia link=topic=6848.msg88862#msg88862 date=1237168934]
bristle worms which I told were bad by a LFS (not one of our sponsors).
[/quote]

Some are.

ok. But I don't like seeing them. They disgust me. They give me this jittery feeling that makes me want to scream and run away which is what I ACTUALLY did do the first time I saw one in my 14g and didn't know what it was. I do get scared... ;)

Tell you what. I'll give you loads of info on them if you remove the majorly annoying avatar :D

Some polycheates are down right nasty.

seapic02-22_se33.jpg

If you see one of those, don't touch it with your hands and remove it as quick as you can being careful not to break it.

[quote author=GreshamH link=topic=6848.msg88926#msg88926 date=1237178421]
Tell you what. I'll give you loads of info on them if you remove the majorly annoying avatar :D
[/quote]

+1 I feel like I am going to have an epileptic seizure everytime I see it. ;)

BTW, Euphyllia, I purchased the benign type of bristle worms to increase my biodiversity. They are part of my clean-up crew. :D

[quote author=Mr. Ugly link=topic=6848.msg88931#msg88931 date=1237178915]
Gresh, you're scaring the poor kid :D

He's running away from this thread now.
[/quote]

scared straight...off animated avatars is my current program :D You should see that thing on my phone :O

The picture you posted is the only type I've seen and I have 1 in my 14g tank living under a rock which I'm too scared to pick up. As for the avatar, I shall go and change it now. Let me know if any of my future avatars ever annoys you and I'll change it! ;)

[quote author=Euphyllia link=topic=6848.msg89182#msg89182 date=1237245918]
which I'm too scared to pick up.
[/quote]

Don't pick it up :)

[quote author=Euphyllia link=topic=6848.msg89198#msg89198 date=1237248135]
I changed my avatar to a olive green crayon since nobody ever uses them... poor crayon :(
[/quote]

I like your new avatar much, much better! :D

Back