Jestersix

Can you run koralia 4s on a wave timer?

under_water_ninja

High Tide Aquatics
LFS Owner
I need to get some circulation pumps. Was thinking about the maxijet1200 mods, but I dont think they can work on a timer. The koralias also look a little better. Can you run the 4's on a wave timer? If not would I have to go with the magnum 5 models? A have a wave timer and have about $100 to throw towards circulation at max I could spend $150. Any other suggestions would be great!

The koralia 4 power heads should not be run on a wave make or timer. The impellers can stop spinning. The maxi jets are nice becasue they reliable but the on and off may make them burnout faster. ;)

I've actually been running a pair of Koralia 3s on a timer for a week or so. I haven't noticed any problems with the impeller stopping but they do knock a little bit at startup as it figures out which way to spin.

I tried to put a small piece of air tubing on the shaft to cushion the knocking and that stopped the noise but then it would spin the wrong way half of the time, so that was no good.

Same experience as Dylan using 2x K3's and 2x K1s on a Chauvet timer. I just went with a Vortech and got rid of 3 extra power cords and a ton of junk in the tank. Worth every cent.

Yeah its some work getting the k3 and 4 to work well with the on and off. The impeller was really meant to stay running all the time. it is true Vortech is worth every penny a bit $$ but works well for the functions it has.

MJ mod and Koralia are pretty much the design. The prop is damaged everytime it hits the stopper. Soon or later you gonna have to replace the prop. That's why they're not recommended to use on the timer. The good thing is the prop is not that expensive. Replace it once a year isn't hurting too much.

Decided to not go with any of these. Going with a Vortech 40!!!! Hopefully doing the switch to the new tank this weekend!!! Also picking up the vortech this weekend!

[quote author=newreefnut link=topic=6520.msg84014#msg84014 date=1235512346]
Decided to not go with any of these. Going with a Vortech 40!!!! Hopefully doing the switch to the new tank this weekend!!! Also picking up the vortech this weekend!
[/quote]

So much for that spending limit. :)

Are you going with a single 40 or a pair?

top roman is delicious...until you look at the nutritional facts for a packet (which is considered 2 servings....I can eat 2 packs :p)

Ha ha! Just sold a Aaron Rodgers exquisite collection autographed rc on ebay for $375! Just what I needed to get the vortech! As soon as he pays by paypal I will order the vortech! Think I might even pay for overnight shipping, he he! Excited!

Back