Cali Kid Corals

cant stop slurping

Can anyone lead me to a good read on return/feed pluming and the slurp.... since the move I have a horrible slurp that I never had before.... can't setup ATO TIL fixed

Is it the overflow thats slurping? Did you change anything during the move? It could possibly be a restricted/clogged overflow, something causing irregular flow. IDK need more info.

Ok let's start here

Both tanks being fed by mag 12 3 pipes for flow to tank.... two returns into sump. Display is a dorso standpipe n fraG is a sliding type don't know name. I got the frag dialed in no slurp or up/down water level. I have a small slurp I. Display n water level rises n lowers in ov erflow causing sump to do same.... ik can't get my ato to work right due to this as well.... any suggestions can't find camera since move

Won't affect ATO as it will still set it at the lowest point of the wave. Otherwise surge tanks would mess with ATO. Do you have an adjustable air valve on your durso?

Make a new cap with a single hole and an adjustable air valve, if your durso isn't glued together. Playing with that valve should clean it up.

Actually before you do that disassemble it and clean it. Surging siphon is usually due to restricted airflow, you may have a plugged cap. Soak in vinegar etc.

Back