Jestersix

Carbondoser get wet

For those using carbondoser with your calcium reactor. Do you experience your carbondoser get wet when your co2 tank run out? I noticed my calx pH probe go high, then see water around the co2 tank, further notice I ran out of co2. When I remove my co2 tank and disassemble the carbondoser/regulator I noticed there are water in it. I shake it off, unscrew the controller knob and use air spray to blow out as much water as I can. I will go exchange the co2 tank tomorrow and hope it not damaged the carbondoser.

For those using carbondoser with your calcium reactor. Do you experience your carbondoser get wet when your co2 tank run out? I noticed my calx pH probe go high, then see water around the co2 tank, further notice I ran out of co2. When I remove my co2 tank and disassemble the carbondoser/regulator I noticed there are water in it. I shake it off, unscrew the controller knob and use air spray to blow out as much water as I can. I will go exchange the co2 tank tomorrow and hope it not damaged the carbondoser.

Do you have a check valve to prevent the reactor water getting into the co2 line/regulator? If you do, inspect to make sure it is functioning correctly.

Last edited:
Do you have a check valve to prevent the reactor water getting into the co2 line/regulator? If you so, inspect to make sure it is functioning correctly.
Good point, I install the check valve on the reactor chamber side, do you think I should put another valve at the carbondoser end?

Good point, I install the check valve on the reactor chamber side, do you think I should put another valve at the carbondoser end?

You should have a check valve between your co2 regulator and the co2 input of the calcium reactor to prevent backflow of effluent into the regulator.

If you can, get a nice one. A swagelock 1/4" tube with a 1/3 poppet check valve is what you want.

You will also need tube end compression fittings for the soft tubing.

Last edited:
I don’t have those. I am using the cheap one that come with the doser and reactor. The one on the doser just installed today after swap out the co2 tank, while the other end already there at the beginning.

Attachments

• 07043C76-574F-492B-AA01-6C14C57C0DE4.jpeg
    07043C76-574F-492B-AA01-6C14C57C0DE4.jpeg
    107 KB · Views: 105
  • 6FF7E130-5A6D-4F8D-A971-0358160270E4.jpeg
    6FF7E130-5A6D-4F8D-A971-0358160270E4.jpeg
    47.6 KB · Views: 117
Back