Jestersix

Changing test times for trident

L/B Block

Supporting Member
I know someone had posted this somewhere but there is a video/tutorial demonstrates how to change the testing time and number of tests for trident. Also anyone that has done this-what is new schedule (number of tests) and have you seen any adverse events such as lack of accuracy?

TIA

It works great. I haven’t noticed any problems.

It works great. I haven’t noticed any problems.
Thanks!

It’s on YouTube. I adjusted mine to test alk once a day and cal and mag once a week. Let me see if I can find it.
Found it.

I’ve been doing this for 6 months. Works good.
QQ-do you have to be connected locally? Unfortunately I am traveling. Never had the chance to do it before I left. Thx. Def will watch the video since I am flying for next 4 hrs.

QQ-do you have to be connected locally? Unfortunately I am traveling. Never had the chance to do it before I left. Thx. Def will watch the video since I am flying for next 4 hrs.
I am able to make these changes on my phone while traveling. It's more tedious but you have access

If you can access your Apex through the browser interface at apexfusion.com, you can make the changes.

If you are just trying to get through the trip without it running out for now you can switch to manual testing and stretch it out that way.

I can access it through my browser-but I was having some challenges trying it.,

If I set it to manual then it stops testing 4x a day alk and 2x ca/mg?

Last edited:
I can access it through my browser-but I was having some challenges trying it.,

If I set it to manual then it stops testing 4x a day alk and 2x ca/mg?
If you set it manual it doesn’t do any testing unless you manually tell it to in that pull down menu

Neptune over fills the reagent bottles, so you should be ok to go to the task for reagent A and act like you have replaced the bottle. If you truly run out, you will get either a test A error or out of range. When you return, then swap out the reagent A and again re-run the task.

This way to can continue to test CA and MG

This process does not work good if it is longer than a day or two. Assuming you are testing at the default 4x a day.

Reactions: JVU
You do that. However, you can run the risk of salt crystals clogging in the sample line due to no movement in the lines. The supply line water can start to evaporate, leaving salt crystals in the line, creating a no water sample error. That is why Manual Mode is used after a shutdown.

Now, with that being said, the temp here in the Bay Area is low due to the rain, so I would assume that this week there will be very little evaporation in the sample line and you will be fine. Just make sure you don't go too long in manual mode, or you will most likely have issues. I did this myself just last month. This is why I suggested the other option, as it keeps things flowing and get an alarm if I forget to change the reagent. .

You do that. However, you can run the risk of salt crystals clogging in the sample line due to no movement in the lines. The supply line water can start to evaporate, leaving salt crystals in the line, creating a no water sample error. That is why Manual Mode is used after a shutdown.

Now, with that being said, the temp here in the Bay Area is low due to the rain, so I would assume that this week there will be very little evaporation in the sample line and you will be fine. Just make sure you don't go too long in manual mode, or you will most likely have issues. I did this myself just last month. This is why I suggested the other option, as it keeps things flowing and get an alarm if I forget to change the reagent. .

Makes sense. I think I have enough to get to possibly sat before it runs out by midnight assuming the estimates provided by apex are correct.
Not worried about one day.

Back